Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Jack and Jill (Read 9331 times)
Dave_Jarrell
Ex Member

Re: Jack and Jill
Reply #15 - 03/18/06 at 19:39:55
Quote Print Post  
Potholes, banks, or Roosevelt sound good to Paige and I!

Scootney would be great if they had showers and power.  But we also dont want any props or lower units hammered to ruin a fun weekend for someone that doesnt know the lake.

Ah, I cant wait for the warm weather!

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 03/19/06 at 00:55:21
Quote Print Post  
Potholes in July is good. I caught lots of fish there last year. I may even be able to run to the trailer parks in Royal City or Ot"hell"o and pick up a nice Jill...

Mike Stahlman said he could use one too..

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #17 - 03/19/06 at 18:34:43
Quote Print Post  
Is there a reason for the change?  I may or may not have a boat by then so I won't give my input(potholes,potholes,potholes). Grin 

Okay, I lied.  Potholes in July is Awesome.  Largemouth are in full force in July.  Wind isn't bad and weather is usually hot, which sure beats rain IMHO.

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 03/20/06 at 16:36:56
Quote Print Post  
Potholes or Roosevelt would be Pat and Mary's choice.

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 03/20/06 at 21:10:07
Quote Print Post  
Potholes, Banks or Roosevelt would be just fine for us.

IP Logged

steve_lewis
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 03/20/06 at 22:52:00
Quote Print Post  

Potholes, Banks, or Roosevelt sounds good to me.  I plan on fishing it this year with my wife.  She likes sun.

Steve

IP Logged

Mike_W
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 03/21/06 at 01:29:27
Quote Print Post  
I say Roos. or Banks.

Both lakes are very easily fished by both men and women. Both lakes are strictly smallmouth, which are a little easier to fish for then LM.

The only problem that I see with Potholes is that it can be tough and aggravating to some of the women who have to pitch into cover all day. Shannon will do it, I am not trying to make excuses for her. I just think it may be hard on some of the women to keep up with the Jacks. Some of the women had a hard enough time staying awake at last years tourney. Then it just becomes a Jack vs. Jack tourney. The point of this tourney is to get women participating.

Either way, we will be there defending the title.

Mike

IP Logged

Going To Close This Year
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 03/21/06 at 15:42:38
Quote Print Post  
I think Roosevelt or Banks is a great choice for the J+J. What Mike W. said.
It seems the sensus is to change. We need to look into this as soon as possible and have the info for the next meeting so we can vote.

Daryl

P.S. Stu you big baby. Lookout for the Dam, it may eat your boat. I bet you were having nightmares.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 03/21/06 at 16:51:14
Quote Print Post  
People said these would be the lakes they would like if they were to change. Nobody has said if they actually want it changed or not. Are people that worried about running Vantage?

IP Logged

Andrea L
WBC Member

Reply #24 - 03/21/06 at 18:44:50
Quote Print Post  
I don't think it's the fear of running Vantage (well maybe for some of us -- with good reason Shocked )  It's more about what Mike said.  We need a place that the gals can catch fish along with their guys.  I would really like to see the gals that don't fish regularly do well and have a good time, as that may encourage them to participate in more club events. 

I have looked at the WDFW 2006 contest permits, as I'm sure the rest of you have, and it looks like there are already 2 tournament weekends on Potholes in July (7/1-2 & 7/8 ) and also 2 tournament weekends on Banks for July (7/15-16 & 7/22-23).  Roosevelt does not have any tournaments scheduled for July according to their list at this time.  So if we stick with the current dates for the J & J tournament of 7/29-30--Lake Roosevelt would be the one available (of the alternate sunshine 8) lakes suggested on this forum)

This would be according to the Fishing Contest WAC 232-12-168 (5) (e) * No more than four weekend days per month nor more than two weekends per month may be scheduled on any water when contestants fish at the same time, and are allowed to fish from boats.

Are there exceptions to these Fishing Contest's legal requirements? I'm sure most of you know more about this than I do.

Andrea

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 03/22/06 at 03:50:47
Quote Print Post  
well i am not 100% sure on this, but if you double book banks in july with another club i think you may be able to get the permits

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 03/22/06 at 05:59:14
Quote Print Post  
I am a little hesitant to fish Vantage since I am such a rookie with the boat, but I am more concerned about having a low or no fish weekend if they aren't running water and staying at a loud party campground and having a crappy time on a weekend where my wife and I are getting a babysitter and are supposed to be having fun.

So, that's why we brought up this change idea, because several people expressed the same issues. I was the one willing to take the hit in the meeting to get the ball rolling. I don't have a problem with the ribbing to get the job done. (What am I saying, they'd tease me anyway...)

Spoke to Rumann today and he is going to call the F&W folks to see if we can make the change. I think the  odds are pretty good for Banks or Roosevelt. We didn't get to fish Roosevelt for the J&J last year, so I'm up for it or Banks again.

PS: Hey Daryl. it's funny that you mentioned it. I did have a dream - that my boat turned into a huge bright yellow banana and my wife was out driving it while I was stuck at home mowing the lawn and doing laundry.  Grin

Stu

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #27 - 03/22/06 at 07:45:21
Quote Print Post  
That's funny Stu.  I was over at Nixon's last weekend and saw a big yellow banana with Daryl's name on it. Grin

Nice boat BTW!

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

hawghunter_2017
WBC Member

Reply #28 - 03/22/06 at 15:40:23
Quote Print Post  
I want be fishing either with no boat, but I have fished Vantage many times when I had the boat, it is a great place to go, at least Carla and I thought so. I caught plenty of fish, and never really had any issues with skiers for the most part, no problems running..there is one area you need to be aware of, and there are a couple of camp grounds on Vantage..

Ted

Ted

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #29 - 03/22/06 at 16:29:03
Quote Print Post  
Crap, that's funny, Terry.

I just can't live up to the ego that goes along with owning a yellow boat  Wink

Chris

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo