Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Hittin' Sawyer today! (Read 5018 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Hittin' Sawyer today!
03/12/06 at 17:28:30
Quote Print Post  
Myself and Russ Baker hittin sawyer today...should be the usual suspect cruisers around...

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Hittin' Sawyer today!
Reply #1 - 03/13/06 at 03:40:25
Quote Print Post  
Yes we hit Sawyer and four fish later I was wishing we had another day or so with warm sunny weather.
Great day on the water Thanks Russ! but no bass as the four fish were three magnum perch...(Released) and a hard charging 2 pound trout (also released).
water temps around 42-43.
on another note...saw several folks who did not know how to read and were running on plane while after hours and one of them was a nice new bass boat....hmmmmmmmmmm
NEW GUYS!  Tongue

p.s.....the ramp has fallen into disrepair even though our $5.00 launch fee has been accepted so be ready for chain link fencing in the water snarled to grab your prop. and for it to be closed for repairs as they always wait for spring for this stuff!

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/13/06 at 03:50:05
Quote Print Post  
Nice report Larry.  As for the guys going on plane, last weekend at Morton, someone dropped a ski boat in and did a round on plane, at least 30 mph.  Then idled around for 30 minutes and left.  Isn't that an internal combustion prohibited lake?

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/13/06 at 03:51:56
Quote Print Post  
yup...

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

IP Logged

DanTheMan
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/15/06 at 06:36:49
Quote Print Post  
Hit Sawyer today with Y2SAYS.   We did manage 2 smallies despite the awful weather.  Says caught a nice 3.7lber on a tube and I caught a 2.7 lber on a trout color spinner bait.  Both fish were landed in less than 20 feet of water!  Hopefully Spring will be arriving soon! Grin

Dan

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 03/15/06 at 08:08:59
Quote Print Post  
Both of us wanted to call it quits before we caught our fish.  Maybe we should do that more often.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 03/15/06 at 13:04:47
Quote Print Post  
Sawyer is famous for the Last Cast bite....and the afternoon winter bite.
Nice Job!
Me and Russ knew it would take just a few days more of mild weather!

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 03/15/06 at 17:43:10
Quote Print Post  
Good job Says and Dan.  That was your first bass of 06 right Says?

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #8 - 03/16/06 at 00:09:16
Quote Print Post  
Yep...the first one.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

bass_boat_tech
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 03/16/06 at 04:42:53
Quote Print Post  
just to clarify lake morton does allow motors it just has a five mh speed limit

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #10 - 03/25/06 at 01:03:09
Quote Print Post  
Fished sawyer for a few hours yesterday without a bite.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 04/08/06 at 04:49:28
Quote Print Post  
Hit Sawyer today from 11:00 till 5:00 and on the third cast with a white/blue spinnerbait in 4 ft. of water got hammered by a four+ smally that came off at the boat and did'nt get another fish till 4pm when I got a nice 4'11" smallie! Zoom green pumpkin lizard  texas rigged skipped under a dock in 15 ft. and the water is at 51 degrees.
Launch will be busy if sunny at all as I had the lake to myself till 1pm and twelve to 15 boats by four.

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 04/08/06 at 05:01:23
Quote Print Post  
12-15 boats on a weekday?  Shocked Crazy  Great fish !  Same color spinnerbait I got my pig on.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 04/10/06 at 03:46:44
Quote Print Post  
Chris B. and my self hit Sawyer today and what a day huh! great weather very little breeze and just a tinkle of a shower.
We hit the lake a 0830 and were one of three boats till 11:00 when all heck broke loose and folks came out of the woodwork. As far as we could tell we were the only boat to get fish! I got two (1-3/4 largie, 3 pound smally) on a silver black small husky jerk and Chris got a 1 lb smally on a senko.
The fisheries folks dumped a load of Triploid Trout into the lake and all our fish were caught near docks were these fish were congregated....feeding frenzy? herding of baitfish by comon predators? Co-inkydink? thats for Chris S. to answer...all I know is we got fish and are some tired puppies!

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 04/11/06 at 06:48:56
Quote Print Post  

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo