Normal Topic Tapps (Read 1164 times)
jwalzer
Ex Member

Tapps
04/17/06 at 16:14:18
Quote Print Post  
Went out to Tapps yesterday in search of some smallmouth.  The water was still pretty cold out there (47.5 by Allan York and a couple degrees warmer up on the other end of the lake).  We were the only ones out fishing as far as I could tell.  It didn't rain at all but man was it windy out there.  Although we didn't get any smallmouth, we did end up with 2 muskies.

I caught mine on a white spinner bait.  It was probably around 4 feet long or so.  My girl got the other on a drop-shot of all things.  Was about 3 feet long.  She pulled that one up to the boat on some serious light tackle.  That's the second time she has caught a muskie there on drop-shot. 

Both fish were released back to be caught by someone else.  We left shortly after that at around noon.  No smallmouth, but I think I can live with a couple muskie.

-jw

IP Logged

kelleybob
Ex Member

Re: Tapps
Reply #1 - 04/17/06 at 21:59:26
Quote Print Post  
Man...to land a muskie with all those teeth on a dropshot...wow!
You didn't mention the water level. Is it a full pool height yet?

IP Logged

champ206
Forum Member

Re: Tapps
Reply #2 - 04/18/06 at 03:37:32
Quote Print Post  
It is 1 foot from normal max pool. Go to http://waterdata.usgs.gov/wa/nwis/uv?site_no=12101000 for the latest update.
John

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo