Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Habitat Cage's at MarDon's (Read 10636 times)
Andrea L
WBC Member

Habitat Cage's at MarDon's
03/12/06 at 04:49:47
Quote Print Post  
Hey WBC Members,

We have a volunteer project of building habitat cages over at MarDon's resort at the Potholes Reservior.

We would like to put together a good size group of members for building these cages on late Sunday afternoon, May 21st (after the tourney awards) and Monday, May 22nd (and possibly Tuesday, May 23rd).  These dates fall immediately after the Potholes Tourney and right before the Banks Lake Jamboree.

These habitat cages are being built so they can be placed in the Reservior to make artificial structure for the different species of fish found in the reservior.  MarDon's recently received a National Conservation Award from BASS in the amount of $10,000 and also an award of $3000 from Berkley, so they are ordering more parts to make more cages.

This is a great way for us as a bass club to show that we support and appreciate conservation efforts that give so much back to us by creating awesome fisheries that we can enjoy as anglers.

Please let me know  if you'd like to get on board for this project. (I'm sure we're gonna have an awesome BBQ on one of those nights!)

Thank you,

Andrea

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Re: Habitat Cage's at MarDon's
Reply #1 - 03/13/06 at 03:14:28
Quote Print Post  
I will work on my calendar to try to make it work.  A very worthwhile project indeed.

IP Logged

Andrea L
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 03/14/06 at 18:07:20
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Kirk

I hope others out there will do the same--check your calendars and block out those dates, it will be a great time with other club members.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/14/06 at 18:22:06
Quote Print Post  
I'm sorry Andrea, I would love to help and make my favorite fishery better than it already is. The problem is I'm taking the days attached to Memorial Day weekend off for my annual 5 day fishing trip. But it is not because I am not interested or anything. I hope others get the chance to do it and fill in for us that can't make it.

IP Logged

Pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/14/06 at 20:15:02
Quote Print Post  
Andrea-
I would also like to help out with this project but unfortunately can't due to work schedule obligations. 

Is there some other dates coming up preferrably on a weekend in June or July where people like me who have inflexible work schedules can help out?

Bob

IP Logged

Andrea L
WBC Member

Reply #5 - 03/14/06 at 21:16:01
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the responses . . . I'm sorry that neither of you will be able to make the May dates.

Yes, we can look at additional dates.  Mike Meseberg will welcome volunteer work parties whenever they can make it.  So we can look at our schedules for an additional work party in late June or July or August.   I just have to give them a heads up so the materials will be ready for us and after the May work party we should have a better idea about how to build these cages.

Keep the responses coming . . .

Andrea

IP Logged

Andrea L
WBC Member

Reply #6 - 03/14/06 at 21:42:37
Quote Print Post  
Here is a copy of a posting from the MarDon Resort weekly report.  I thought it may shed more light on our volunteer project, than what I've described.

POTHOLES RESERVOIR UNDERWATER HABITAT RESTORATION PROJECT
The Central Washington Fish Advisory Committee has just been notified of some great news.  ESPN BASS has awarded the Potholes Reservoir Underwater Habitat Restoration Project a National Conservation Award and $10,000 to be used on our project.  Also the division of Pure Fishing known as The Berkley Company has awarded the Habitat Project and additional $3,000.  We now are recognized nationally and our non profit 501-C3 monies are growing.  With 189 habitat boxes already in place we have under 500 boxes to place on the bottom of Potholes Reservoir by our anniversary date of June 10, 2006.  With these types of donations we will realize our goals.  Now we need more volunteers to come forward and help assemble additional habitat boxes.  Call us at 1-800-2736 or email us at info@mardonresort.com to volunteer.  We need approximately $120,000 each year to buy the components to build over 640 boxes to meet our goals and our permit.  We only have nineteen years left on our permit after 6/10/06 so please find time to help or write a check to the Central Washington Fish Advisory Committee (C.W.F.A.C.). In the words of the Great One (Jackie Gleason) "How Sweet It Is!.
We would like to thank the former Washington State BASS Conservation Director Mr. Mark Bryne for his efforts in applying for the awarded monies.
Thank you for your support.
Habitat Chairman
Mike Meseberg

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 03/14/06 at 22:30:24
Quote Print Post  
Andrea I may be able to make the mon..maybe tues after the tourney as I am staying over to fish there. see ya at the meeting.

IP Logged

Andrea L
WBC Member

Reply #8 - 05/16/06 at 22:23:42
Quote Print Post  
Just a reminder that we will be building these Habitat Cage's while we're over at Pothotles for the weekend.  We may try for a couple hours on Sat & Sun afternoon as well as Monday.

Lyle & I will be staying over 'til  Monday afternoon, so for those that can work it out with your schedules it would be great to have your help.

Thanks

Andrea

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #9 - 05/17/06 at 03:37:27
Quote Print Post  
Keri and I will be there.  Grin

IP Logged

Andrea L
WBC Member

Reply #10 - 05/17/06 at 15:51:24
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Glenn!  Anyone Else?

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 05/17/06 at 17:30:35
Quote Print Post  
Hey Andrea

I am going to be hanging around after the tournament and will be joining you folks too!!

BillB

IP Logged

Andrea L
WBC Member

Reply #12 - 05/18/06 at 00:10:54
Quote Print Post  
Great news Thanks Bill!  Anyone else?

IP Logged

Jack
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 05/18/06 at 01:15:05
Quote Print Post  
Jesse and I will be in for after the tourney on Sunday but have plans for that Monday.
Do we need to bring any tools other than an ice chest? Smiley Jack

IP Logged

Andrea L
WBC Member

Reply #14 - 05/18/06 at 15:45:03
Quote Print Post  
That's awesome -- no tools needed other than your ice chest!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo