Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Lakes For Beginners ? (Read 8148 times)
Carlos
Ex Member

Re: Lakes For Beginners ?
Reply #15 - 03/08/06 at 16:36:07
Quote Print Post  
Yeah good one John. That was funny. Grin

IP Logged

T_Dot
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 03/09/06 at 03:02:40
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
Hey there TDOT,
 Interesting name?  If you just want to get "the beginners" on fish that swim, Lake Washington for "perch jerking" is always a safe bet.  If you want to catch a bass, May on Lake Washington under docks with a Senko is also a good bet.  Most any lake during the month of May into early June is the best fishing.
 If you don't have a boat, GET ONE!  Just kidding!  I would suggest making a club meeting and presenting your qusetion there.  Bring a Lake Washington map with you and a Sharpie and that will get you a much better read on trying to remember all you've been told.  GOOD LUCK!

T Dot is slang for Toronto

When is the next club meeting, and is anyone welcome?  What do you all do @ club meetings?

Thanks

IP Logged

T_Dot
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 03/09/06 at 03:06:01
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
What's up TDot?!! If you don't mind the drive, Kapowsin lake is right up your ally!! Smiley  You can catch bluegill and sunfish about as fast as you can cast, Shocked  it also has catfish, trout, crappie and a few bass here and there...... Roll Eyes It also has a boat rental, they'er not bass boats, but they work in a pinch. Smiley

do you know what kind of boats they have there.  does this lake have a website?

thanks

Smiley

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 03/09/06 at 03:58:06
Quote Print Post  
T_Dot,

To your first question,  we meet the 3rd Thursday of the month (March 16 this month) at Kennydale hall in Renton. Guests and visitors are always welcome.

See this link for directions:

http://www.westernbassclub.com/western-bass-map.htm

For the second, they rent old aluminum rowboats with trolling motors. Some ride pretty low in the water if you get two+ adults in them.

Not sure if this is accurate anymore, because I think someone told me that the "resort" was sold yet again, but this us the most recent info I can find:

"Erickson Boat Rentals Lake Kapowsin

Contact Information:
29517 Orville Road East
Kapowsin, Washington 98344
P: 360 893-7266

Company Description

Erickson Boat Rentals Lake Kapowsin is run by the Erickson family once again.
The property is being cleaned up, boats and dock repaired. All this is being done with the property being open from dawn to dusk.

Boat Rentals 12 foot and 14 foot, Electric troll motors for rent, Dock Fishing, Slide Boat Ramp for small boats.

The Boathouse stocks tackle, worms, night crawlers, maggots for all your fishing needs.

Snacks and Pop are also available at the boathouse.

Lake Kapowsin is open year round, Erickson Boat Rentals is also open year round and welcomes all fishermen. "

( http://landbigfish.com/retailshops/showcase.cfm?ID=11368 )

Stu
« Last Edit: 03/12/06 at 04:03:15 by »  

IP Logged

Hooter
WBC Member

topwater under a full
moon

Reply #19 - 03/09/06 at 04:59:47
Quote Print Post  
Island Lake over by the Shelton airport is great also. My nine yr. old daughter loads the boat with a drop shot with a camo cut tail. No boat rental though. Same technique works well at Nawatsle targeting any logs you can see.                    Good Luck

SHUT UP AND FISH!!!           I fish because the voices in my head tell me too.
IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 03/12/06 at 03:23:59
Quote Print Post  
Stu, that's the 3rd THURSDAY of the month! Not Wednesday...

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 03/12/06 at 04:03:47
Quote Print Post  
Fixed it Stu.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 03/12/06 at 16:32:43
Quote Print Post  
Well Stu you answered the 1st and 3rd question.

The second was "What do you all do @ club meetings?" 

T-Dot....We sit around and make fun of each other, especially "Gotfive" because he lives in E-burg and doesn't make the meetings. Then we tell eack others lies about how big our fish was at Silver Lake that we caught while it was snowing. Let's see......we stand in the back and have a dip....then spill the spitter on someone's shoes..........We then fight over raffle prizes and go back to telling lies for another hour and piss off Rich who wants to lock the place up. So he kicks us out and we lie some more in the parking lot.....

You know, regular bass club stuff...

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 03/12/06 at 16:34:50
Quote Print Post  
Rob,

Thats the best I have heard yet, telling the truth like a real fisherman. Aren't Bass guys the best group of guys you have met yet.
Russ

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 03/12/06 at 22:27:56
Quote Print Post  
By the way Rob, I will be sending the shoe cleaning bill your way real soon.  I had to get the shoe totally re-dyed!!!! Grin Shocked  But yeah t dot, that pretty much covers it.  Occasionally we get serious and have some real fun then.

mark

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 03/13/06 at 02:58:31
Quote Print Post  
Rob,
I think I shed a tear at your description of the greatest bass club in the world...

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo