Normal Topic Fishing Line? (Read 1260 times)
M_Fields
Forum Member

Support the Troops!

Fishing Line?
02/13/06 at 19:09:55
Quote Print Post  
My question is how often and when should I change my line? Generaly I change my line yearly or when there are weak spots. But should I change my spare reels, even if I did not use them? Any information would be good, or tell me what you do. Thanks, MFields.

"Residing in Missouri wishin I was in Washington"

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Re: Fishing Line?
Reply #1 - 02/13/06 at 20:27:38
Quote Print Post  
When the line begins to get unmanageable.  It does all depends.  I have been known to change line daily, if the technique I have employed is extreme and I am under tournament conditions.  As a rule, I change spinning reel line three times per season and twice for baitcasters.  Lighter the line the more often I replace with fresh.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/13/06 at 21:08:29
Quote Print Post  
I feel you can get away with leaving line on longer on a baitcasting reel, as there is less line twist. I happen to get a lot of line twist when I use my spinning gear. Maybe it is because I put a lot of time on the water or I don't spool it right or something. Either way, I seem to change it out often every 5-8 trips maybe. Serious tournament anglers change every tournament day. That is a little extreme for the average clubber in my opinion.

I have used the reel magic and troll by the boat trick, but seem to change spinning reel line 5 times to 1 baitcaster. On a baitcaster I just hook the end of the tp something and pull on the line and it removes and coils.

IP Logged

M_Fields
Forum Member

Support the Troops!

Reply #3 - 02/14/06 at 04:48:49
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the info, I was just thinking about it today. MFields.

"Residing in Missouri wishin I was in Washington"

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo