Normal Topic Bobber fishin' (Read 1926 times)
Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Bobber fishin'
02/13/06 at 04:40:15
Quote Print Post  
Hey Gang

My son and I are planning a trip in late June, taking the G-kids on a camping/fishing weekend.  Two boys 6 and a girl 9 who all want to go fishing.  What we are looking for is a spot to pitch tents that is next to the water where the kids can bobber fish for perch, sunfish, etc and  in the evening be able to catch some bullheads too.  We want this to be a bank fishing experience and will not be taking a boat.

This is the type of fishing that I grew up with and was wondering if any of you can help me find a good spot.  My old haunts are much too far away to make it practical.

I am supposing that we will have to go to Eastern Washington, but other than the usual bass lakes I am not sure where to go.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
BillB

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Bobber fishin'
Reply #1 - 02/13/06 at 05:00:25
Quote Print Post  
Hey Bill...Silver lake should fit the bill! The Crappie should be goin nuts by then and there is the park right down from Streaters resort where you can get lots of bobber areas plus by the Cemetary hole right off the roadway! The three campgrounds should work or the motels are right close too!

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/13/06 at 05:14:16
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Larry, Silver is always a good lake.

BillB

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/13/06 at 18:55:54
Quote Print Post  
Bill,
Since I E Washington info, I would suggest Mardons, great access and someone is always catching something.  Also, there is a nice campground a littel further east across the dam on Warden Lake.  Real nice place, Rob Maglio can attest as well.  More trout fishing there.  Also, the park at Scootney Reservoir has a ton of bank access and holds all of what you may be looking for.  Just my two cents.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/13/06 at 20:16:51
Quote Print Post  
Bill,

Try also the Lind Coulee launch area at Potholes, the fishing bridge at Riffe at the Taidnapum Campground on the east end of Riffe.

Also try Bobber fishing with a Senko it works great.
Russ

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 02/13/06 at 21:14:41
Quote Print Post  
The places Gotfive mentioned are just what you want. Nice campgrounds with the necessities and tons of fishing around that area. What I would suggest however are the many seep lakes around there. Warden happens to be one and I've seen people catch tons of bullheads. I even tried it one night. You can jump from lake to lake until you find one you like.

You can also dry camp back in the seep lakes if you want the real rugged outdoor experience. We used to do this in high school. Soda Lake, Upper and Lower Goose, Heart, Corral and many others are all good. I have had real good luck on the dam side of Soda. There is a gravel road that runs on the top with a launch at one end. You can fish from anywhere around there or hike the edges. Smallmouth, Walleye and crappie bit for us this last Spring and Summer.  

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 02/13/06 at 21:29:53
Quote Print Post  
Super suggestions guys, I am really looking forward to this outing and hope to encourage the rascals to become addicted to fishing.  So far they are loving every chance we get to go out and I am hoping that a trip that includes them catching a bunch of fish on their own will do the trick.  So far most of their fishing has involved their parents or myself hooking something and letting them try and reel them in.

I appreciate the responses from everyone, see you on the water.  I graduate this summer so I hope to be hitting the tournament trail again real soon.

BillB

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo