Normal Topic Humminbird Matrix 47 3D Fishfinder (Read 3060 times)
Rich
Ex Member

Humminbird Matrix 47 3D Fishfinder
02/13/06 at 02:30:20
Quote Print Post  
Has anybody tried these 3D fishfinders?  I was just wondering if they are all that good.

Any reports?

Rich

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Re: Humminbird Matrix 47 3D Fishfinder
Reply #1 - 02/14/06 at 02:19:57
Quote Print Post  
Check with Faz, I believe he has one.

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/14/06 at 03:18:15
Quote Print Post  
I'd pass on one myself, Rich. It's almost impossible to get an accurate 3D picture from one of those units, and I tend to think they are very misleading and misrepresent what the structure below your boat actually looks like.

Also, I haven't personally heard of one professional angler that promotes them. If they gave you an advantage, you'd see a heck of a lot more of them on the market.

My 18 cents.

Chris

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/14/06 at 06:13:24
Quote Print Post  
O.K. Sarg.  Now that you put it that way it makes sense. 

Thanks

Rich

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/16/06 at 00:56:30
Quote Print Post  
I have an older model 3d finder..... it may not be spot on, but it does give you more information than a 2d.

Imagine crossing a large laydown tree, the 2d simply shows a bump, which could be a small hump or a 20 foot long tree, but since you crossed over it, you only see a "bump". The 3d will show the difference between a hump and a tree, even if the detail is not great.

I've no idea about the Matrix system, but I am interested in the new Humminbird large screen machines with 3d.

Just my personal preference.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo