Normal Topic Snake River (Clarkston, WA area) Bass Fishing (Read 2323 times)
Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Snake River (Clarkston, WA area) Bass Fishing
01/13/06 at 04:12:44
Quote Print Post  
Hey out there, Master Bass Anglers--I've been invited by a friend to visit him at his home about 4 blocks off the
Snake River in Clarkston, WA
.  He has never fished for bass and I've never fished the Snake.  Anyone out there have any advice, map sharing and so on for that time of year on the river at that area?  If so, please contact me here and at January's Meeting.  Also, never fished much river bassin so all clues, will be welcomed
Thanks,

Chuck Pigue ??? ???

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Re: Snake River (Clarkston, WA area) Bass Fishing
Reply #1 - 01/17/06 at 15:29:37
Quote Print Post  
The SMB's will be deep (25' or so) and usually in the eddys below points.  Occasionally you can find them with a deep runnin crankbait but grubs and small worms on darter heads will work better.  Also carolina or mojo rigged tubescan take them.  Don't forget a slowly dropping Senko.

Smitty
Wink
It's been a long time since I fished the Snake in the winter.

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/26/06 at 03:08:33
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Smitty,  I guess your the only one who has any idea about the Snake.  I'll go and try to find some maps on my own, Hopefully they'll have our typical maps for that area at either Auburn or I'll check over in Kitsap County where I work.  Again, thanks for the direction to try...

Chuck Pigue

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/26/06 at 03:21:36
Quote Print Post  
well i am no expert but i have had good luck late in the year fishing channel markers.  try a couple of those if you cant find any fish.

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/26/06 at 04:56:13
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Troy, I'll give that a try also.

Chuck     Grin

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo