Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Fishing Rods (Read 6967 times)
EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Re: Fishing Rods
Reply #15 - 01/10/06 at 01:43:19
Quote Print Post  
EVERYONE,
  Lest us not forget, the most important post of all, YOU CAN ONLY FISH WITH ONE AT A TIME!  I PREFER TO USE THE ONE THAT IS CATCHING FISH AT THAT SPECIFIC TIME!!! Wink

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 01/10/06 at 16:40:47
Quote Print Post  
Good idea Prez.  The only problem is that I would have to take it away from the other guy in the boat.  DOH!!

Rich

IP Logged

kathy
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 01/10/06 at 21:23:01
Quote Print Post  
I want to thank all of you for responding to this. Since we have to replace ALL of Virgils rods, you question what is really enough! Since I am new at this I don't understand all the different techniques requried to catch those BIG fish. This helps me to understand why you need more than ONE!!! Grin
Of course if you don't know how to use one what good are any of them! Shocked
I really appreciate the input it does help a lot
(even Rich humor!!!)
Thanks,
Kathy

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 01/11/06 at 03:22:31
Quote Print Post  
I have 24 rod/reel combo's.  Can't say I ever used them all in my boat, but really rely on 1-flipping stick, 1-drop shot, 1-crank bait,1-carolina rig,1-texas rig , 1-spinnerbait rig, and everything else is very specialized and probably waisting my space and my money, but I have them and it's great.  I usually have used 4-5 as a back seater and when I had my own boat, I put as many in as I could carry, including my tackle.  It really helps when fishing with everyone around here and you pretty quickly pick up on what gear is needed for what lake, etc and take an extra for good luck.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 01/11/06 at 17:22:17
Quote Print Post  
Good answer Wabasmstr,  except I think that you meant Bad luck (as in broken rod) for the extra rod.

This has been very informative for a lot of us.  And a real eye opener.  I just hope that Kathy doesn't start a new thread like " What tackle is really necessary" Roll Eyes  That could lead to the longest thread of all.

Rich

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 01/12/06 at 01:18:17
Quote Print Post  
Rich,
"Amen"
Russ

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 01/12/06 at 02:50:11
Quote Print Post  
OK Kathy,  it's your turn now that RICH brought it up, as to what tackle...HEHEHEHEHE,,RICH be careful for what you ask for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 01/12/06 at 02:51:17
Quote Print Post  
So now that you mentioned it Rich, what tackle IS really necessary....... Roll Eyes Grin Wink Tongue

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 01/12/06 at 02:59:51
Quote Print Post  
DY-NO-MITE

Rich

Actually none.  Yoiu just have to go with someone that has everything and then use theirs. Grin

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 01/12/06 at 03:02:47
Quote Print Post  
Rich, you been hanging out with someone?  Seems you are a learnin "How to get rich in one fishing season" !! Good Answer as that state on Family Feud....

IP Logged

CANNOT CLOSE THE DEAL
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 01/12/06 at 03:11:38
Quote Print Post  
Rob and Smitty

You guys were the only one's that named brands of rods. Way to go, thoughs sponser's will love you for it, when they check in on the web site. They might even arrange for some new rods. Make room for more.

By the way I like all my rods on the front deck.That way I can kick them in the water to make room for new ones. You got to have a plan when the wife counts rods and reels. As far as the backseat I like to bring them all just in case you have a couple fall out on the blast off to another location. You always need backups.

As far as tackle goes, what ever fits.

Daryl

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #26 - 01/12/06 at 14:36:43
Quote Print Post  
Trying to make room for new ones is a never-ending problem Daryl.  Roll Eyes   My pitchin stick is a Pinnacle which is not one of my sponsors, however I'll never get rid of it, even though I do have a Shimano Crucial as back-up. Grin

Smitty
Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #27 - 01/12/06 at 14:52:47
Quote Print Post  
Darryl,
  That was absolutely FUNNY!  You rock! Grin

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

kathy
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 01/13/06 at 17:15:17
Quote Print Post  
O.K. You guys wanted to know so here goes:

TACKLE

Tackle is not a problem. All you need is Virgils white spinner things or if in 30 feet or more of water a buzz bait will do the trick!!!!

Kathy Grin

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo