Normal Topic Spring Dreams (Read 1768 times)
gotfive
Ex Member

Spring Dreams
12/16/05 at 19:00:53
Quote Print Post  
I gotta tell ya', one thing I enjoy almost as much as actually being there, is daydreaming my way through the winter months.  What do I daydream about, you ask?  I think about flat water, pre-dawn boat rides with just enough warmth to keep the goose bumps down,  the sounds of red-wing blackbirds and mourning doves in the still air, the peace and quite, seeing a cruising largemouth in the warm, shallow water, fishing in shorts, catching a mule deer at waters edge taking a morning drink, running into a fellow club member just around the corner of the next dune and visiting about everything or nothing, catching a dune with my friends for a bite of lunch and good-natured talk and flat out lies.  I am thinking of anywhere and everywhere but here.  It gets me through the winter.

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Re: Spring Dreams
Reply #1 - 12/17/05 at 02:22:59
Quote Print Post  
I'm already day dreaming about the 3-4lb smallies on Washington slamming my crankbait.  I can't wait.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/19/05 at 16:43:29
Quote Print Post  
I miss and look forward to the drive over the mountains to the Eastside with my fishing buddy. Jammin' the music and getting excited about what the morning will bring. Talking over tactics and game plans to load the boat. Calling the other clubbers to see where they are at and meeting them at the campgrounds for a cold one.

I miss the night fishing during the summer months or sleeping on the front of the boat and gazing at the stars and the evening topwater bite. I wish I could almost go into a state of hibernation to bypass the cold months.

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/19/05 at 22:37:25
Quote Print Post  
As a directive from Administration, I am required to use up a ton of comp time in 2006.  So I will be hanging out either the week of May 8th or the entire week after our club tournament.  Most likely the week after our club event, then possibly up to Banks to fish the jamboree.   It will be fun either way.......

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/20/05 at 05:08:48
Quote Print Post  
I look forward to the first time I toss a bait into two feet of water and it ACTUALLY MOVES! the thought of the first fish in the shallows is always a spring indicator for me.
Of coarse the sounds of the first campers awakening and doing the "Potty Walk" as they stumble through the campground is right up there!  Grin

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 12/28/05 at 00:44:13
Quote Print Post  
i cant wait until silver lake flippin' jigs over trees and bushes and yanking 3-4lbrs back over them.  that is the best

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo