Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Come on 29th! (Read 4286 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Come on 29th!
10/21/05 at 20:35:43
Quote Print Post  
Man...do'nt know bout you but I am so looking forward to the fish-in on Lake Washington on the 29th.
The weather has changed....no pressure to pre-fish anywhere...(as if there should be any!) as long as I have my freinds, a thermos of coffee and my rain gear......

Grin BRING IT ON!  Grin

Gonna be lookin for Perchies too! Wink

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Re: Come on 29th!
Reply #1 - 10/21/05 at 21:01:25
Quote Print Post  
What's up Larry?  Are you expecting company from out of town?  Your friends...and they must be bringing back the stuff they borrowed..your thermos......Hhhmmm

Rich

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Logistics?
Reply #2 - 10/26/05 at 17:18:38
Quote Print Post  
What are the logistics for the fish-in?

Launching:  East channel?

Lunch:  Anyone want to volunteer anything?

Time:  7:30ish?

Breakfast:  ?

Just curious, I have a break from classes and will be looking to hook up with someone.

BillB

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #3 - 10/27/05 at 02:02:32
Quote Print Post  
I think it's all in the newsletter.

IP Logged

StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Reply #4 - 10/27/05 at 03:11:36
Quote Print Post  
Bill,

Here is the info:

Where: Lake Washington  - Mercer Launch
When:  October 29, 2005
Breakfast: Meet at Lil' Jon's, at 6:00am
OR… meet at the launch at 7:30am

Directions to Lil Jons
Lil' Jon Restaurant & Lounge
3080 148th SE
Bellevue, WA 98007
(425) 746-4653
From Hwy 405 take I-90 towards Spokane
At exit 11A, turn RIGHT onto Ramp towards 150th Ave. S.E. / 156th Ave. S.E.
Keep RIGHT to stay on Ramp towards 150th Ave. S.E. / S.E. 35th St.
Turn LEFT (North) onto 150th Ave SE
Turn right onto SE Eastgate way
Turn Left into Sunset Village parking lot Lil Jons is dead ahead.

Directions to the Launch
From Hwy 405 take the I-90 towards Seattle
Take exit 8 (East Mercer Way)
At the intersection, turn left (south) onto E Mercer Way
Go back across I-90 and take the first left after the freeway on ramp
This will go down the hill to the launch

Launch fee is $7.00

Stu

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 10/27/05 at 05:42:31
Quote Print Post  
Glenn, I can't read you know that   Roll Eyes

Thanks Stu

Sounds like the usual for Washington fishin

BillB

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 10/29/05 at 02:51:02
Quote Print Post  
Alas....it seems that my exposure to slimers........and the 41 degree water they live in...which my waders were full of......have taken their toll and I will be watching the round of fishing shows with my cold medicine.

what a wimp I am...........

Tongue

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 10/30/05 at 16:24:29
Quote Print Post  
so........a report?........is where?............some of us whiners need info....

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 10/31/05 at 00:10:43
Quote Print Post  
Hey Larry

The group was made up of Mark, Rich, Brian, daughter Breanne (sp), and myself for breakfast, then Dale and Nick met us at the launch.

Launched under moderately cool, cloudy conditions, with light winds and a bit of a chop on the water.  Mark and I headed north to snoop around.  The wind was from the south, at about 8 to 12 MPH, so the ride was a little rough, but tolerable.

We worked the East shoreline from Arrowhead pt south and found zero basses.  We then hit the West side until we could see Sand Point in the distance ahead of us and still zero basses.  We then headed for Hunt's Point and there we met up with Dale and Nick, who were able to show a nice 2 1/2 to 3 lb Largemouth that Dale picked up on a rattletrap.

No bites for us on Hunt's point, nor at Carroline Point Docks.  After a complete shutout on bass we decided to lick our wounds and look for some perchies.  We headed past Groat point and started watching the sonar unit for bunches of blips and found them in about 70 feet of water.  Dropped the crosstailed shad (very light color) down to the bottom and immediately started catching good sized (9 to 11 inch) Perch.  Mark was using cut perch after we started to catch a few and hauled in a nice 13 1/2 inch perch to add to our catch.  We kept about 20 perch for a fish dinner. 

While were on the Perch, Brian and Bree came by and joined us.  Rich had headed for home, and Brian said he managed to find one Smallie, and lost another one.  When we left, Brian and Bree were catching perch.

We fished the south end of Mercer, nothing, then headed out into the East Channel, nothing, then headed over to Pleasure Pt. and motored around for a bit looking at the bottom for blips and found nothing.  So then it was time to head for home.

Overall, the weather was nice, the sun came out and the winds were moderate, no rain and it warmed up enough to shed at least one layer.

All and all a pleasant day on the water with a few tasty perch to take with us.

Sorry you could not make it,

BillB

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 10/31/05 at 00:17:28
Quote Print Post  
O.K.  Here is what I know.  Mark M and Bill B. fished together,  Nick and his Grandfather fished together, and Brian, Bree and I fished together.  And as far as I know we were all on the same lake.

Even though it looked very forboding at breakfast, by the time we got to the launch it was already starting to clear up.  Brian immediately headed for Bree's "secret spot".  We fished there for several hours and although we could see lots of nice fish on the camera we couldn't get them to bite.  Brian did catch 1 SM about 4oz...That was it.  No perch or anything.

Then we headed for Bree's other "secret spot".  Nothing there either.

When we got back to the launch at 1 P.M. we found out that Nick's Grandfather had a nice 3#+ LM.  Mark and Bill never did show up.  So the kitty went to Nick's Grandfather.

After that Brian and Bree went back out and the rest of us went home.

END OF STORY.

Rich

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 10/31/05 at 03:23:18
Quote Print Post  
Rich,

Thanks for the update on Fishin. I was at Banks and I am only going to say one thing about it, "WoW"
Russ

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo