Normal Topic Lake Kapowsin (Read 3070 times)
Chad S.
Ex Member

Lake Kapowsin
10/21/05 at 19:15:39
Quote Print Post  
Does anyone know the status of the new boat ramp going in on kapowison?
« Last Edit: 09/02/06 at 16:47:58 by »  

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Re: lake kapowison
Reply #1 - 10/22/05 at 01:55:53
Quote Print Post  
Last I heard, they got the  permits 2 days after the "rainy season" started, so they'll probably put it off till spring........bummer... Tongue

IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Reply #2 - 07/20/06 at 02:08:35
Quote Print Post  
Good news for all interested, Drove by Kapowsin on the way home and they were in the middle of putting in the concrete pads for the launch, should finish the rest tomorrow. Talked to the fellow in charge and there right on track for having it finished by labor day weekend. Cheesy  8) It was looking good as far as the dirt work that had been done.

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/20/06 at 05:52:06
Quote Print Post  
Thats good news Brian.  I happened to drive by a few weekends ago and it was looking good.  Looks like a pretty big site.  I did happen to see a message someone wrote on the Proposed land use sign.  Roll Eyes Hopefully the launch will have no vandalizm problems.

IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Reply #4 - 08/25/06 at 01:59:09
Quote Print Post  
Hey all!, Just a quick shout to let you know that Kapowsin is now open for all to fish!! Grin  Saw a couple rigs down there last night on the way home from work so I ran home hooked up the boat and went out for the last 45 min of the day, only caught 5, no lunkers.....yet..... Roll Eyes  A special thanks to Mark for all his work that has helped this project happen, WAY TO GO DUDE!!!! Grin Shocked Wink

IP Logged

jwalzer
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/01/06 at 20:27:23
Quote Print Post  
I was thinking about wandering out this weekend maybe.  I have to admit that after all that has been said about the submerged stumps I am wondering if its such a great idea.  Anyone out there have any good advice on how to navigate this one?  Just stay on the trolling motor and look out for lumber?  Any helpful words would be appreciated.

-jw

IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 09/01/06 at 21:03:22
Quote Print Post  
First off, they left a stump right behind the ramp, about two boat lengths. It will be slightly east of dead center.
I had my 21 ft Triton in there last Sunday. Never started the Merc. Spent a lot of time dodging stumps, still had the stern drift into several. Not a big deal but I decided it would be best to just reserve this lake for the spawn.
I tried plastic for a while but the rock bass where all over it so I threw a spinner bait. Got the largemouth on it but they were really small. Best bite is going to be pre dawn or sunset but then your really gonna be plowing stumps. Backseaters are going to have the advantage at the fish-in on this lake. Also, there are only a couple spots to beach a boat next to the ramp.

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #7 - 09/02/06 at 16:40:26
Quote Print Post  
I'm going to open a Prop shop just down the street from this lake  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Re: Lake Kapowsin
Reply #8 - 09/05/06 at 04:15:40
Quote Print Post  
Good one!!! But seriously, I've been out there a couple times this last week, lots of 1 1/2lb. fish, lots of rock bass, I lost a big fish on a buzzbait, had him on for about 1.5 sec. had a huge boil and that was it...Darn it anyhow. Didn't get out this weekend, was taking care of afew qourks I been having with the tow rig...... Lips Sealed I'll be out there afew more times this week though.  I talked to Rocky Sr. last week and he had a pretty good time out on Kapowsin, 2 three lbers back to back and broke off a monster...... So the question is, how big is the big fish going to be on the 16th? I'm going to say 6lb+. 8) Tight lines, The Weedwalker.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo