Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Banks Lake Frostbite (Read 19123 times)
RussBaker
Ex Member

Re: Banks Lake Frostbite
Reply #30 - 10/20/05 at 18:16:48
Quote Print Post  
Rob,

No that would be Toad kicker.
Russ

IP Logged

gotfivetoo
Ex Member

Reply #31 - 10/21/05 at 03:00:55
Quote Print Post  
Thanks, Andrea.  I think I will take you up on that offer of the helmet.  Oddly enough, it has been 70+ degrees here the past few days.  Been warm and dry most of the fall.  Just got back from Chesaw, deer hunting, and it was shirt sleeve weather.  Snowed last year.  May alter the expected patterns for Banks.  Last year, water temps in high 40's to low 50's by end of day.  It may change, but it seems oddly warm.  It will be fun at ye'ole frosty. 
kh

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 10/21/05 at 16:14:41
Quote Print Post  
I guess being a cop has it's perks.  Getting to watch the "confiscated" films or are you maybe directing?

Rich

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #33 - 10/21/05 at 20:34:42
Quote Print Post  
Rob,

Thats not nice dude. None of the above you homey.
Russ

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #34 - 10/27/05 at 16:58:12
Quote Print Post  
So back to the Frostbite talk. Any geuss's on weights... As far as strategy I'm really looking forward using swimbaits what size should I use Rob? The bigger the better? Kirk, what topwaters do you prefer this time of year in 2 feet of water? Should I use a Sammy or a Popper? Oh this is going to be fun Mark, you got many Swimbaits?
« Last Edit: 10/27/05 at 23:07:30 by »  

IP Logged

skunk boy
Ex Member

Reply #35 - 10/27/05 at 21:06:34
Quote Print Post  
Who do we know is attending the Frostbite next weekend?  This is what I know....correct me if I'm wrong-

Russ Baker & Me (Skunkboy)
Lyle L & Kirk H
Stu K & Jim R
Rob M & Dave J
Mark M & Carlos T
Faz?

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #36 - 10/27/05 at 21:15:51
Quote Print Post  
I prefer the big 12-14 inch Castaic swimbaits this time of year. The bass are really feeding and you would be surprised at how many 6 inch fish will inhale these things.

Find about 60 ft of water, this is where the trout school. Then chuck the bait and let it sink down about 15 ft. Then slowly wind it back. Work down every 5 ft from there until fish contact is made. If they don't like it slow, speed it up until you get bites. Works every time.

IP Logged

Jack
Ex Member

Reply #37 - 10/28/05 at 01:43:55
Quote Print Post  
the one fish wonder team of Jack n Jesse will be there! Where there's frost there's bound to be whiskey nearby!

IP Logged

skunk boy
Ex Member

Reply #38 - 10/28/05 at 19:54:02
Quote Print Post  
Jack-

I'm glad you and Jesse will be joining all of us over there...it should be a ton of fun.

Where are you guys going to be staying anyway? 

Russ & I will be staying at the Coulee Motel in downtown Electric City.  It sounds like there is going to be one big card game Saturday night...Come join us!

Bob

IP Logged

Jack
Ex Member

Reply #39 - 10/29/05 at 16:18:55
Quote Print Post  
Bob,
We will be at the beautiful Grand Colee Motel. I'm sure a short cab ride to poker game! Looking  forward to the festivities. Stu has my cell #,will hook up when we get there. Jack
p.s. Jesse is a 4 nite a week poker player so watch out!

IP Logged

gotfivetoo
Ex Member

Reply #40 - 10/29/05 at 20:09:00
Quote Print Post  
Four nites a week??  Shees......

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #41 - 10/29/05 at 20:52:31
Quote Print Post  
Carlos,

If 5 fish limit, Bob and I will bring in 28lbs for two days and if 6 fish limit say 30lbs. Does anyone know if it is 5 or 6 fish limit?
Russ

IP Logged

StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Reply #42 - 10/30/05 at 03:02:51
Quote Print Post  
Should we be at all worried about the slots filling up before we get over there Friday? Anyone know how many boats they are allowed for this tourney?

Stu

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

skunk boy
Ex Member

Reply #43 - 10/30/05 at 04:40:13
Quote Print Post  
That's the part that scares me the most Stu- Going over there to find out all the spots are all filled up.  Having WBC send seven of our own boats to fish this tourney is certainly going to send the number of boats over 50.

I remember fishing this tournament 3 years ago with Ron Hankinson and for that year there were exactly 50 boats....hmmm?....could that be the maximum amount of boats allowed on this tournament permit?  It does concern me since know one has been able to contact the person who is directly in charge of this event.

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #44 - 10/30/05 at 17:19:27
Quote Print Post  
Yo SKUNK BOY,
  The Washington State permit process only limits the number of boats per tournament by the acerage of the body of water the lake is being fished.  The only way the boat limit could be 50 is if the TD or governing body of the tournament makes that rule.  I would seriously doubt that they would limit boats on an annual tournament wherre "the big boys" come to play.  My thoughts!  BTW, good luck to the WBC boats "weathering the storm. (And ice and snow and bitter temperatures)  Helmets, extra layers of clothes, I'd be more worried about how you're going to keep your rod guides from freezing up, 'member that Skunk Boy, now that was COOLLLDDD!  Good luck guys.  Keep us posted!

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo