Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) 06' Lakes (Read 3695 times)
Wish I had Five
Ex Member

06' Lakes
09/21/05 at 16:14:59
Quote Print Post  
Anyone remember what lakes got voted in and for what months? I think Larry has been too busy to get them posted.

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Re: 06' Lakes
Reply #1 - 09/21/05 at 18:17:33
Quote Print Post  
Rob,

They are all on Potholes, No just kidding. April Silver or Washington-I think, May-Potholes or Moses, June Chelan, July-Roosevelt or Long Lake I think, Aug & Sept can't remember and Team at Lake WA.
Russ

IP Logged

Wish I had Five
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/21/05 at 19:30:24
Quote Print Post  
I wish they were all at Potholes. I wish we had a July points tournament on Potholes this year. Oh well. May is always fun there.

IP Logged

pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/21/05 at 21:30:27
Quote Print Post  
A few corrections on Russ's post:

July J &J - Vantage or Roosevelt

August - Long LK or Chelan

I'm pretty excited about our selections for next year...I just hope we get most of them.  

Dave J & Larry S, are you guys going to the selection process meeting together in November?

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 09/22/05 at 17:01:56
Quote Print Post  
Long Lake in August?

Bob, you know that lake is horrible  Grin

IP Logged

Got a Empty Bag
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/22/05 at 19:26:52
Quote Print Post  
I have a guy I work with who lives on Long Lake in Kitsap county. He said, "the lake was going downhill fast". He was telling me that the homeowners association wanted to kill off the bass or have them caught an removed from the lake. I don't think that lake would be a good choice. My 2cents.

Daryl

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 09/22/05 at 19:30:39
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
I have a guy I work with who lives on Long Lake in Kitsap county. He said, "the lake was going downhill fast". He was telling me that the homeowners association wanted to kill off the bass or have them caught an removed from the lake. I don't think that lake would be a good choice. My 2cents.

Daryl

Long Lake in Spokane Daryl  Roll Eyes Tongue

IP Logged

Got a Empty Bag
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 09/22/05 at 20:29:50
Quote Print Post  
Chris

Thats why I put Kitsap County on there to make sure we were talking about the same lake. I knew somebody would let me know if it was the same lake or not.

Daryl

P.S. I never been to the other long lake(Spokane). But I do have a Long Lake by my house in Lacey

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 09/22/05 at 21:17:23
Quote Print Post  
Just making sure you knew which Long Lake.  I got kind of confused when  you brought up Kitsap as that lake is too small for a tourney.

IP Logged

pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 09/22/05 at 21:33:54
Quote Print Post  
Can we say lillypads Sarge...5lbers?  Jigs?  Boy that was an exciting day wasn't it?

Last year, Sarge & I were fishing Long Lake the first week of August when that freak windstorm slammed all of Eastern Washington....wow that was something.  It felt like the end of the world....the Apocalypse
(40-50+mph gusts).

We could see this huge brown cloud moving down the lake at us at an alarming speed.   At the time, we didn't know what it was- It just didn't feel right.  My first thought was that Mount St Helens had blown up.  I surmised pretty quickly this phenomenen wasn't going to be a good.  I demanded Chris and my other buddy Ken, reel in their lines as quickly as possible so we could get the hell out of there.

We headed to the launch as fast as the Champion would go.  We were about 30-40 seconds ahead of it when Chris jumped out on to the dock to get the truck and trailer.  As soon as he backed the trailer in to the water, it hit.  I was getting slammed around like a cork.  I had about one shot to get the boat on the trailer or I was going to be mincemeat!  I was fortunate enough to get it on the trailer the first shot.  Chris then went to park the boat while I jumped out and ran for shelter to the resort/tavern dodging blown down tree branches and flying garbage cans along the way.   I'll never forget that day- WOW!!

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 09/22/05 at 22:36:30
Quote Print Post  
That was pretty crazy weather, Bob. I'm laughing just thinking about it. My truck still has a mark on one of the headlights where a sandwich board blew into it  Grin

We got to drive back in about the same weather, too!!!

I hope to get back there someday, 'cause I think that lake could be a lot of fun in the right weather Wink

Chris

IP Logged

StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Reply #11 - 09/23/05 at 01:45:10
Quote Print Post  
Bob and Sarge,

My family and I were driving to Idaho when that huge storm hit. We got as far as Moses Lake, got a hotel because we had seen on the news that the weather was bad near Spokane, and went into Godfathers in Moses Lk for dinner. By the time we came out of the restaurant, the sand in th air was so thick you could hardly breathe. The sandstorm there lasted until after dark.

My uncle and aunt were at their cabin on Lake Pend O'rielle near Sandpoint when it hit, and they described it the same way you did, with the huge brown cloud, terrible wind and lots of lightning.

I'm glad you guys made it to a nice safe bar....

Stu

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

Wish I had Five
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 09/23/05 at 15:44:22
Quote Print Post  
The same thing happened at Moses Lake/Potholes the last weekend in August. Phil and Bryan got stuck on the water when it hit. We hadn't gotten over there yet and missed it when we did. He said it was like the Movie "The Mummy." A huge dark cloud rolling in fast. Kinda crazy. Glad I didn't get any those this year all the times I was east...

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo