Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) NOT AGAIN! (Read 12363 times)
Dave_Jarrell
Ex Member

Re: NOT AGAIN!
Reply #15 - 09/08/05 at 00:19:34
Quote Print Post  
Sorry to here about this Larry!

Crime in the Kent / covington area is at an all time high.  I've had something damaged broken or stolen at my house in kent 4 times now in the last 8 months.  We are starting a neighborhood watch and I put in a camera system while lighting my house up like a christmas tree with motion detectors!

Anyone that goes to Auctions keep your eyes open for these rigs possibly striped down to nothing.

IP Logged

shewhofishes
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 09/08/05 at 01:51:47
Quote Print Post  
Oh Larry!
Can't believe that happened!

I hope you get your boat back and not damaged!!

Sherry

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #17 - 09/08/05 at 02:35:49
Quote Print Post  
Totally sucks! Angry  Nuff said.

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #18 - 09/08/05 at 03:02:59
Quote Print Post  
Larry,
  Next time I borrow something, I'll tell you I took it, I PROMISE Grin.  Just kiddin'.  I wish I had borrowed it without telling you.  At least you'd know where it is.  Sorry to hear it Dude.  You can always borrow mine.  Keep us posted.

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 09/08/05 at 05:31:51
Quote Print Post  
So, so sorry, Larry. I will keep a sharp eye out for your boat.

Chris

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 09/08/05 at 07:56:47
Quote Print Post  
Holy crap Larry,
I am so sorry, I can't belive these shitheads. I to will keep a vigilant eye out.

I seen a boat that fits Rich's almost to a tee but can't get the guy to return any emails. I found it at http://seattle.craigslist.org/boa/ ; and will be looking for Larry's boat also there.

Jim

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 09/08/05 at 08:04:09
Quote Print Post  
Here is the posting that I seen on craigs list for a boat alot like rich's. I just can't get any replys maybe one of you could get something back.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/boa/92382683.html

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 09/08/05 at 15:17:16
Quote Print Post  
Jim, I looked at the ad.  Mine was 1989.  Had a Yamaha 50 Pro and only the one window, clear, on the console.  But that ain't to say that they wouldn,t have changed the motors, etc.

Thanks for being on the lookout.

Rich

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 09/08/05 at 19:16:16
Quote Print Post  
I cannot believe that Larry.  I think I'll be buying extra chain and locks, maybe get my concealed weapons permit too  8)  We are all on the lookout for these boats.

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 09/08/05 at 19:58:29
Quote Print Post  
Sorry to hear about your boat Larry,  Sad   I agree with Kirk, bring on the rope.... Lips Sealed    If there's anything I can do for you, don't hesitate to ask.

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 09/08/05 at 21:08:06
Quote Print Post  
Just seen on the news that Covington area had four boats stolen in a week, Some of them while the owners where home.

One tip that they gave was to park you vehicle in front of the boat and to chain up the boat when ever possible.

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 09/08/05 at 21:25:15
Quote Print Post  
I also have a small item that helps as a deterrent, bought from U-haul.... it's called a "trailer Cop" and fits inside the hitch, expands to block it and then has a barrell lock to seal it. It won't stop them taking of the whole hitch from the trailer, but does make it more inconvenient and takes longer.

I'm about to put chaims and lock between wheels and trailer just for nuisance value.

LARRY...... that sucks big time, there's always a seat in the Nitro (Once it's back on the water again)

FAZ

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 09/09/05 at 02:53:09
Quote Print Post  
My dad just told me that Channel 4 news tonight at 11pm they are having a story on the stolen boats.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #28 - 09/09/05 at 03:08:25
Quote Print Post  
You're right... and it appears hitch locks aren't stopping the thefts:

http://www.komo4.com/stories/39071.htm

IP Logged

Mike_W
Ex Member

Reply #29 - 09/09/05 at 03:52:53
Quote Print Post  
The guy that leads the Block Watch aka. nosey neighbor, just told me two days ago that four were stolen out of our neghborhood. I bet that is what the story will be about. The guy that lives 1/2 a block away got his hewes craft back the other day. Without the motor.

No chain will detour people from your boat. A simple pair of bolt cutters will go threw any chain. I have cut it at work many times. Kinda scary how easy it is.

Locked, Cocked and Ready to Rock

Deputy Wolsky

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo