Normal Topic Tri-Cities Patterns (Read 2259 times)
gotfivetoo
Ex Member

Tri-Cities Patterns
08/31/05 at 04:19:18
Quote Print Post  
OK, we all heard that Mark used lipless cranks to his benefit on Chelan Wink.  What colors are prefered by most of you?  I prefer the silver and blue or black, but have taken a liking to the rainbow pattern.  

KH
« Last Edit: 09/04/05 at 19:39:15 by Admin »  

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Re: Tri-Cities
Reply #1 - 09/02/05 at 21:16:52
Quote Print Post  
A nice craw pattern works for me, but I like the crome ones too. Haven't tried rainbow, I'll have to get one. 8)

IP Logged

Wish I had Five
Ex Member

Re: Tri-Cities
Reply #2 - 09/02/05 at 22:27:27
Quote Print Post  
I haven't used them a lot in WA, but used the chrome ones in California. Problem is we don't have shad like down there so I'm not sure if they are as effective, or I guess I could say I wouldn't have as much confidence. When I've tied one on and thrown them around I have used Perch patterns. I think when you are throwing them is ore of a key. They are so noisy that any decent color would work to initiate that reaction bite. Early Spring has always been good. But that's not saying much.   

I have always liked covering flats with them and fish can be on flats any time of the year in an active feeding mood. This is a bait that I would have to experiment with more to giain the confidence I use to have with them.

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Re: Tri-Cities Patterns
Reply #3 - 09/08/05 at 17:02:34
Quote Print Post  
Yes, my biggest fish at chelan came on a lipless.  It was a white and yellow combo.  That big smallie ( 5lb 12oz) came out of 20ft of water to hit that bait.  It was so awesome to nail a huge fish like that.  The second day I got two more good ones and missed two.  The rat l trap payed dividends.  What was strange was that I could n't get fish to hit a diving crank bait.  For tri cities throw a chrome blue combo or white blue combo. 

Mark

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo