Normal Topic USED BOAT BUYERS BEWARE (Read 2066 times)
Andrea L
WBC Member

USED BOAT BUYERS BEWARE
08/04/05 at 02:53:29
Quote Print Post  
TO ALL ,

We just discovered that our "totaled" 1991 Skeeter DX200 is currently for sale at Angler's Marine on Pacific Avenue for $10,500. and it has NOT been repaired of  the fiberglass damage that was quoted to us at over $12,000.  

The owner of Angler's Marine said he would contact the guy that brought it in on consignment and have it removed from their lot -- so it will probably show up on another boat lot before long . . . please get the word out for those looking at used boats to have the boats looked over thoroughly by a person who has nothing to gain from the sale.

We would really hate for a non-assuming family to end up with this boat that should not be on the water in it's current condition.   The guy who brought this in on consignment obviously has no regard for the safety of others and is simply trying to make some quick money.

The registration number on this boat is WN 5751 NC, it has a 1991 Yamaha PRO V 200 on it.   Angler's Marine currently has pictures of it on their website under the used boat section page 2.

We will be checking with the WA DOL tomorrow to make sure that their records show that it was "totaled" in 2003.

Please spread the word around so this damaged boat doesn't end up in the hands of an innocent party.

Lyle & Andrea

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Re: USED BOAT BUYERS BEWARE
Reply #1 - 08/04/05 at 23:36:04
Quote Print Post  
It it smells like dog poo, it is likely dog poo. 
Nicely done, Mrs. Logston.
KH

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #2 - 08/05/05 at 00:51:54
Quote Print Post  
That's why I'm leaning towards new when I do buy one.
Thanks for the info.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

champ206
Forum Member

Reply #3 - 08/23/05 at 17:16:06
Quote Print Post  
What ever became of you old boat. Was the person name disclosed who was trying to pass it off?

IP Logged

Andrea L
WBC Member

Reply #4 - 08/23/05 at 22:34:19
Quote Print Post  
Well, according to the State Department of Licensing there are NO strict guidelines to keep totaled boats off the water without repair (the title is never noted like vehicles).  They are "working" on the issues, but there is nothing we can do legally to keep this slime dog from selling this boat to an innocent party.  The hull # on the boat is STE10199I091 and the current registration # stuck to the boat is WN 5751 NC (in new lettering) and we've learned that that number is assigned to a different boat that is located up north and definitely not a bass boat!  When we owned the boat the registration # was WN 9751 NC --so this guy just changed the one number.

The auditor's office can't give me the name of the guy, but I guess he owns a used car lot (imagine that!) and the boat is actually registered under the car lots name --which they also can't give me!

The auditor's office said it is strictly a buyer beware for used boats at this time -- please pass this information on to anyone you know that is looking to buy a used boat.

The boat is still sitting at Angler's Marine on Pacific Ave in Spanaway, but they have asked the guy to remove it. I'm told that he has some other boats for sale on their lot -- so as the Auditor's office said BUYER BEWARE! 

IP Logged

StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Reply #5 - 08/24/05 at 01:30:22
Quote Print Post  

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo