Normal Topic Seattle and north Be on the lookout (Read 1788 times)
Rich
Ex Member

Seattle and north Be on the lookout
08/20/05 at 22:42:45
Quote Print Post  
As most of you know my boat was stolen last month.  Hadn't heard anything on it.

Then this morning I received a phone call from Anglers Marine in Seattle.

Apparently a couple guys were coming back from Canada and stopped at Anglers.  They saw the poster of my boat and told the guy there that  they had seen the boat on the Northbound freeway.  They said that they remembered it because it has the 2 big white guide posts on the trailer.

So maybe we can get these guys a place on the Worlds Stupidest Crooks list.  Please keep your eyes open on the North end lakes and in the parking lots up there for the boat and trailer.

If you have contacts to any members in the North end clubs please pass this information along.

I can be reached at 253-820-0099

PATIENCE MY BASS, I WANT TO KILL SOMETHING!!!

Rich

IP Logged

StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Re: Seattle and north Be on the lookout
Reply #1 - 08/21/05 at 01:17:10
Quote Print Post  
Maybe we should e-mail all the boat info to the bass clubs in the North part of the state so they can look for it.

Better yet, Rich. Maybe you should call the reporter that did your story on KIRO and tell him/her that you have an update with a possible sighting of the boat and mention to them that they never actually showed the boat or details on the newscast, so maybe this would be a good time that they can help you get the word out.

Stu
« Last Edit: 08/21/05 at 02:47:35 by StuK »  

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #2 - 08/23/05 at 03:26:45
Quote Print Post  
Rich - when did they see the boat (Date/time)?  Any description of the tow vehicle?  Where, exactly on I-5 did they see it? Details please.

Here's the contact info of the bass clubs in Washington state: http://www.wabass.org/member%20bass%20clubs.htm

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/23/05 at 15:17:15
Quote Print Post  
The guy at Angler's said that the two guys were coming down from Canada and saw it just North of Exit 177.  This is the exit for Angler's Marine.  It was about 9:30 Sat. morning.  They didn't know anything about the tow vehicle especially since it was going the other way.  The thing that stuck out in their mind was the white PVC guides that I put on the trailer to help me get the boat on the trailer.  They stand up about a foot above the boat.

It sure was tempting to go up there and sit along the freeway about 5 or so that evening and see if they came back that way.  But with my luck they went to the Faz school of fishing.  IF YOU CAN STILL SEE WITHOUT A FLASHLIGHT WE ARE FISHING.  AND IF YOU CAN'T I HAVE A FLASHLIGHT.

I just hope that they are dumb enough to keep using it.  I have sent the flyer out to many of the bass clubs in the area.  Hopefully, someone will see it or the trailer and let me know.

Thanks to all for keeping watch for this boat.

Rich

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #4 - 08/23/05 at 19:33:26
Quote Print Post  
Oh!  You mean Angler's Choice on 205th (Ballinger).  Geez, I thought I lost it there for a second.

Ok, so if they were headed in that direction on Saturday morning, then they were probably going to a lake.  Therefore, they live south of the King/Snohomish line, wouldn't you agree?

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 08/23/05 at 20:14:57
Quote Print Post  
ANGLER'S CHOICE.  Correct.  Yes,  I would figure somewhere in the Seattle area. 

Whew, that narrows it down pretty good.  O.K.  house to house search.  Just kidding!

But at least it shows that it is still in the area.  So there is some hope.

Rich

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo