Normal Topic New boat (Read 1611 times)
Xsftballer
Forum Member

St. Croix Rods Pro Staff,
Anglers Marine Pro Staff

New boat
07/20/05 at 00:45:23
Quote Print Post  
     Well fellas I finally bought a new boat. I purchased a 99 Skeeter ZX185 from NIxons yesterday and I pick it up on the 29th of July.

I would like to make a weekend out of the trip, since I am coming from Enumclaw. How is the smallmouth fishing over by the Tri-Cities? I have heard it was good, but never been over there. Any suggestions on this?

Thanks Mike
XSftballer

Misunderstood

IP Logged

StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Re: New boat
Reply #1 - 07/20/05 at 02:58:02
Quote Print Post  
Congratulations, Mike!

Will you be able to make the meeting on Thurs?

Stu

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/20/05 at 14:37:33
Quote Print Post  
I have never fished it but know the fishing is good. I am also not sure how it is in the dead of summer but if it is anything like Vantage, it will be good. BASS has events out there and smallies in the 6 and half pound range are caught frequently. Here is the kicker....

Watch where you run and talk to someone about how to run the buoys in the channels. I have heard of numerous motor strikes including one of our beloved club members last Spring a month after they got their new Skeeter. Don't let this steer you away. I think you just have to be cautious in certain areas.
« Last Edit: 07/21/05 at 14:48:33 by »  

IP Logged

Xsftballer
Forum Member

St. Croix Rods Pro Staff,
Anglers Marine Pro Staff

Reply #3 - 07/20/05 at 23:01:38
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the reply fellas.

No I cant make the meeting, I have to work again in Wilkeson. I am currently trying to get out of it.

Thanks Rob for the info. I am going to pick the brains of the Nixon employees for spots over there.

I look forward to meeting the guys from the club and fishing with you as well.

Mike

Misunderstood

IP Logged

REDCHAMP
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/26/05 at 03:46:00
Quote Print Post  
The best way to remember bouy position is: RED RIGHT RETURNING!!! The 3 R's. The red bouy should be on your right as you're returning from sea and green of course on your left. Look ahead so as to plan your route.
Mark

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo