Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Squawfish, good or bad? (Read 8549 times)
Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Re: Squawfish, good or bad?
Reply #15 - 08/06/05 at 00:29:19
Quote Print Post  
The rock pile above the bridge holds a ton of squawfish.  I dropped the camera down and saw a school of maybe 8-10 fish just sitting there.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

BassingWoman
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 02/12/06 at 05:14:29
Quote Print Post  
??? ....so...what does this thang look like? I heard talk of it today - Feb. 11, 06 at Wash. Can someone post a pic of one for me to see? I'd appreciate that. From, BW

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 02/12/06 at 06:03:12
Quote Print Post  
A "Squawfish" looks a lot like a Walleye, except it's silver/grey vs. gold/bronze, and has zero teeth. They fight a lot like a wet towel...only slightly worse than a similarly sized Walleye. Hope this helps! I think there's a picture in the DF&W Regs. Oh...I always release mine alive, but they are always deep hooked in the gills. Carp, too. Odd, eh? Wink
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 02/12/06 at 16:56:35
Quote Print Post  
I've allways been told to "fillet and release" as well to "support the local wildlive," (I thought they were talking about the Eagles,) Roll Eyes after all beings they are on the endagered list it would be concidered the "doing greater good"  Wink  As far as PBC in the perch, I heard that a serving of tyson chicken has 3 times the PCB than that of a perch....... makes you wonder.???

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo