Normal Topic LAKE WA. CIRCUS IS IN TOWN! (Read 2513 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

LAKE WA. CIRCUS IS IN TOWN!
07/18/05 at 05:26:41
Quote Print Post  
YIPPEE!!
Went out for an instructional cruise with Lisa.... my Jill, accompanyed by the May couple and eventually the Holland and the Wells couples also with lots of fish caught as Keri May took big fish with a 3-12 (might be wrong as I was frequently wrong today!) and both Largemouth and Smallmouth were bountiful with a peppering of Perch also.
Lisa took big fish on our boat with a great looking Largie at 2-5 but the real show was the circus at the launch as it was an easy two hours to get in the lake with an easy 40 minutes to get off! and you want to test your boat in cross chop?
I think I will have to start Dialysis this week for my Renal failure with the Kidney Bustin I took!

I hate this lake in the Summer! Tongue Tongue Roll Eyes Tongue

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Re: LAKE WA. CIRCUS IS IN TOWN!
Reply #1 - 07/18/05 at 05:31:50
Quote Print Post  
Nice fish Larry.  I got a pair of 2.7's and a 4.1 lb smallie on saturday.  That lake is crazy though, didn't take me as long to get in and out of the launch though.  When did you go?
Oh ya, saturday was awesome, cloud cover until noon kept the crowds way down, was even sprinkling when I launched.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/18/05 at 14:31:38
Quote Print Post  
I went out Saturday too and slayed them. I had the best day ever on Washington. I took a guy from work who fished here and there. I screwed around in the morning trying some new stuff for largemouth with little luck. Between 1030 and 3 pm we put 20 lbs of smallies in the boat. 2 over 5 lbs and 4 over 3lbs. I also lost one between 4-5lbs and another one around 3lbs. It was just phenomenal.

What was cool is I caught them all on new water I had never fished except for one of the 3's a lost. So overall a productive day. The guy I was with was pretty excited about his 5lb smallie, and of course I didn't bring a camera.....doh! Pulled a Homer Simpson there.  

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/18/05 at 17:17:34
Quote Print Post  
Both the May boat and our boat launched at around 6:30 am there were only 8-9 trailers in the lot also there was a club tournament going on but we saw only three or four boats with banners that we saw.
We fished on Sunday.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #4 - 07/18/05 at 19:04:45
Quote Print Post  
Just wanted to give a big THANK YOU to Larry for being the Fishin' Guide on Sunday!  For some reason, that lake kicks my butt everytime I go out there, so I'm confident the success we had is attributed to Larry's willingness to teach us a little and show us some spots.  Keep in mind, folks, this was Lisa's first time bass fishing!

We all had a great time, despite the "wild ride" and the idiots at the launch.  Lisa is really looking forward to the J&J now!  Cheesy

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/18/05 at 19:22:07
Quote Print Post  
Glenn,

I thought the key to Lake Washington was backlashing your spinnerbait cast and letting it sit on the bottom while you pick at your reel. When you are done... VOILA! Fish on.

Chris

P.S. Anyone seen ol' Slow Rollin' Bob Jacobo lately?

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/18/05 at 19:38:24
Quote Print Post  
Hit Washington on Sunday also.  Great day, got to the Ranier Beach launch at 5:30 am.  Not a boat in sight.  Headed up north and tried some new water.  Nothing great up North.  Had about 10 fish by 9:30.  Nothing over 2.5lbs.  Went down to Ranier beach and picked up the wife and daughter and worked some of my usual south end areas for another 15 or so fish.  Seen some guys skipping docks and catching alot of dinks.  I guys they haven't figured out a drop shot rig yet.  LOL.....  Caught alot of fish but no size like Rob.  ( YOU DAWG)....  good job. 

Mark

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 07/19/05 at 05:24:16
Quote Print Post  
I went there yesterday evening after work around 7pm and it was zoo.  Took me a few minutes to launch, but those picking up their boats had to wait a long while.  Took my brother and girlfriend out for their first time wat the lake and caught a few, mostly dinks.  The bite turned on around 9:30pm and I lost one that was around 3lbs when it made a jump towards the boat and I wasn't fast enough to get the slack out.  It was fun watching my brother fight his first smallie that went around 1lb with an ultralight reel.  I'll be there again tomorrow morning for a few hours.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo