Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Sunscreen and Shirts (Read 7891 times)
Rich
Ex Member

Re: Sunscreen and Shirts
Reply #15 - 05/31/05 at 02:50:05
Quote Print Post  
Hey Chris,  glad to hear you got a boat.  Now you can go play with the big boys.  LOL

The pink slips are pink.  I copied the State Statute RCW 77.15.210.

It basically says  1) A person is quilty of obstructing the taking of fish, shellfish or wildlife if the person:

Harrasses, intimidates, or interferes with an individual engaged in the lawful taking of fish, shellfish, or wildlife .

2)  Obstructing the taking of fish, shellfish, or wildlife is a gross misdemeanor punishable by a fine of up to $5000, a year in jail, or both.

This means that the people can't stop us from fishing around their docks, beaches or house boats.  If they do harrass you or throw things, etc. then they can be cited.  Just call the cops (or Rob if he is handy) and report them.

I usually have a bunch of these slips at the meetings for members to hand out to property owners.  See me.

Personnally I like to fish the house boats along the west side of Union bay.  I was doing the best with a white ribbon tail worm, 7 incher.

Rich

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 05/31/05 at 13:57:03
Quote Print Post  
Based on past experience, I don't think it is very wise to trust the power of a printout of an RCW to protect me when fishing along the houseboats in Lake Union. Undecided  The Harbor Patrol can easily get involved and tell you to "Move on".  Their interpretation is that you are causing a "Disturbance of the Peace," and "Engaging in the act of voyurism" by placing your boat in the narrow confines between and behind boat houses. Shocked  They will tell you that your activities could be likened to those of a Peeping Tom. ???  Never mind that the charges won't hold up in court, it's enough to get you to move away from your close proximety to the house boats.  Been there, done that!  Sad

Smitty
Wink

Nanner Nanner

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 05/31/05 at 15:25:10
Quote Print Post  
Very true Smitty.  And as I said if the people are fairly decent then I do just move on but at least they are aware of the Statute.  And as in the case of the B%$#@CH I moved away from the house boat.  Also when I do see people on the deck or moving around in the house I just bypass that one.  AND I don't usually go into the very narrow "alleyways" between the houses so that I don't risk "brushing" their "property".

The slips are not "bullet" proof!  But may help educate the public with regards to "OUR' rights.

Besides Smitty you never slow down long enough to hand people a slip. Grin Shocked

Rich

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 05/31/05 at 15:36:23
Quote Print Post  
Tell them if they arrest you for voyeurism because they are making it up to get you to move along.....that you will own their department when you sue them for false arrest and a violation of your civil rights (they won't have probable cause when they know you are just fishing and have no intent of voyeurism). Tell them they are better off talking to the boat owners and dealing with it that way. but make sure you have all your required equipment when they start trying to find something wrong with your boat.. Wink

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 05/31/05 at 16:06:39
Quote Print Post  
Rob, are you saying that the POLICE are sneaky?  I knew they were hiding in my trunk just waiting for me to do something wrong.  LOL

Rich

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #20 - 06/01/05 at 01:43:42
Quote Print Post  
Smitty,
Was it the binoculars or the camera that gave you away?   Grin Wink

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 06/01/05 at 14:07:51
Quote Print Post  
Just west of the I-5 bridge along the south bank of the cut between Portage Bay and Lake Union there is a house boat that sits about 10-12 feet from the bank.
One can easily get a bass boat in that area, and in fact there is a small boat tied up at the end of this "slot".  at any rate there is ALWAYS a LM bed in that area.  During an ABA "T" my partner & I had quietly eased back behind the house and we were pitching to the bed.  Both my partner and I had missed several pickups and no doubt our elevated conversation alerted the homeower who called the coppers.  It seems that although we had not even noticed it, we were about 2 feet away from the bathroom window.  OOps! Shocked  At any rate our presence generated a simaltanious visit on shore by a patrol unit and then being questioned by the Harbor Patrol as we tried to back out of the space.  Niether my partner nor I have ever gone back in there again although I know that same big bass beds there every year. Embarrassed
Now you know the rest of the story Glenn.

Smitty
Wink

Nanner Nanner

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 06/01/05 at 16:27:47
Quote Print Post  
Smitty..you perve.. Grin

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 06/01/05 at 20:22:27
Quote Print Post  
Actually Rob I used to have the nickname "Duke of Deviantes" Roll Eyes
I suppose I could change it to "Prince of Perves" Shocked

Smitty
Wink

Nanner Nanner

IP Logged

Mike_W
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 06/01/05 at 23:59:25
Quote Print Post  
Just on a side note of the RCW thing. It is not illegal for a homeowner to say whatever they want (non threatening) from THEIR property. If you are on public property and they are on private, they can go on for how ever long they want. As long as they are not threateing you you can do nothing. If you feel indangered then you may have a complaint. That RCW is directed more towards the yoyos out there that like to follow hunters around in the woods and blow whistles and fire guns.

I have had a situation like that and was told by both F&W and county cops that they can do nothing.

Just thought that I would mention it so you don't make a false claim while your yelling at a guy on their dock.

Me and Shannon had a guy tell us that he owned all the TIDE lands in front of his house on lake sammamish. I asked him what time high tide was this morning and were exactly his mean low tide mark is. What an idiot. He is also a lawyer he claims and he would have somebody here to haul us off. He picked the wrong guy to throw out BS lines to. 30 minutes later of a good tung lashing of facts and low blows from me, his wife came out and saved him. That when Shannons claws came out and she jumped in on it. It was great! We ended it peacefully though. I simply said " see ya tommorrow" Grin

Mike

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 06/02/05 at 00:42:13
Quote Print Post  
Mike,

Just make sure you have your rain gear on when you fish the webster point area of Lake WA. There is an old bag who likes to spray water from her garden hose on to fisherman(ASK Dave Jarrel He Loves her) while fishing her dock.
Russ

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 06/02/05 at 16:09:45
Quote Print Post  
Mike is right. They can stand there and talk as much smack as they want as long as they aren't threatening you, which then becomes a crime. Look at it as a protest. They can stand there and voice they're opinions and voices all they want. Once they hinder you then that would be another issue. They lady hosing you guys down Russ, is technically an assault. But it isn't worth our precious fishing time.... Wink

IP Logged

Dipsnort
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 06/02/05 at 21:14:53
Quote Print Post  
The obvious answer to the "Hose Lady" is to fish her dock when the ambient temperature reaches 90 degrees or so.  Be sure to thank her and blow her a kiss afterwards. Grin

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo