Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Dead Fish (Read 3097 times)
Rob M.
Ex Member

Dead Fish
05/02/05 at 14:21:35
Quote Print Post  
When you have dead fish in a tournament, do you loose the weight of the dead fish, plus 4 oz? Or do you get the weight of the dead fish minus 4oz?
« Last Edit: 06/20/05 at 15:35:34 by »  

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Re: Dead Fish
Reply #1 - 05/02/05 at 15:06:40
Quote Print Post  
Penalty is 4 oz. off of total weight per dead fish.  You do not lose the whole weight.  Why would anyone even bring in a dead fish if that was the case?  Hope this helps. 
Terry

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/03/05 at 02:29:14
Quote Print Post  
Terry is exactly right .... Grin

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/03/05 at 04:31:58
Quote Print Post  
Integrity would be the reason. I was thinking I heard a rule, and probably not in Western Bass, that if a fish died...you were stuck with it. Meaning you couldn't cull it out. Not sure where I am getting that idea from. I was just curious.

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/04/05 at 00:20:42
Quote Print Post  
Rod, I think it's actually a State Reg that you can't give a dead'un the heave-ho.... If they kick the bucket, they stay in your bucket. Probably should check, but that's what I remember.

Faz

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/04/05 at 04:27:43
Quote Print Post  
Thats where it becomes a sportsmenship issue....if you have...say a gutshot fish....would or should you IMMEDIATELY give it the heave-ho?

Instant release would be the best-less stressfull chance the fish would have to survive........but what if you are leading into day two and you have no fish with an hour left?

Are you a gambler?

will it live?.....will I catch another?

these are the torments of the tournament angler.....

Or....
These are the MANDATES of the Black Bass Conservationist.

Great discussion.
Wink

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/04/05 at 05:21:57
Quote Print Post  
If you only loose 4 oz of the weight of the dead fish then why wouldn't you keep it? But once it becomes a cull fish... if you are allowed to heave it and the rules don't prohibit you, then why wouldn't you? If the rules said you are stuck with it then you are stuck. That's why I was wondering the rules. You are going to do what's best for you inside the rules...dead fish or not whenit comes tournament time.

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/23/05 at 20:55:22
Quote Print Post  
Oh you had to bring up this topic Rob.  I think my tournament winning fish OD'ed on that fish heroin. He was hammered Grin. A moment of silence for the 1 and a half pounder. Cry  You'll always be a monster in my eyes little buddy.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/23/05 at 21:32:06
Quote Print Post  
Well the 4 oz penalty can be a killer, especially when the weights are so close. The 3 dead fish cost me 5th place... Embarrassed Time to get those timers fixed...Yeah watch out for the fish herion. Be sure you have an Atropine shot to jam in their hearts if necessary..
« Last Edit: 05/23/05 at 23:26:11 by »  

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 05/23/05 at 21:39:26
Quote Print Post  
Is it just a stabing motion? We forgot the shot and I was trying my best to bring the little buddy back. After a half hour of mouth to mouth I remembered he had gills. Shocked I'll miss ole aqua lung! Undecided

IP Logged

grubber
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 05/24/05 at 02:11:01
Quote Print Post  
are you sure it is a bad timer rob? my pump was getting clogged constantly with willows and stuff until it finally quit altogether.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo