Normal Topic Lake Whatcom (Read 1631 times)
Hawkeye
Ex Member

Lake Whatcom
04/27/05 at 02:19:47
Quote Print Post  
Hey Club,
I am thinking about making the trip up to Lake Whatcom this weekend to do some fishing. I have never fished this lake before, so any info on what baits work best & which areas of the lake to fish would be much appreciated.

Think Bass!!

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Re: Lake Whatcom
Reply #1 - 04/27/05 at 04:32:06
Quote Print Post  
Hawkeye,

Most of the fish caught in this lake this time of year are all caught in the northend. Fish the old railroad trestle on the point across from the ramp, its the area by the gazebo on the point just northeast of the ramp. Also from left of the ramp there is a hump with a flat one one side and deep water on the other side, its about 300 yds from the ramp. Grubs, lizards, cranks and tubes all work well in these areas.
Russ

IP Logged

hawghunter_2017
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 04/27/05 at 15:31:04
Quote Print Post  
Hawkeye
I agree with Russ on the gazebo and the humps, both are great spots, also just west of the gazebo is a gravelly sandy area where the smallies will be as well, they will spawn in there. The shore line just north of the humps is good as well, there are some fallen trees along there and should be good with cranks and tubes etc, good luck

Ted

Ted

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/27/05 at 16:27:45
Quote Print Post  
Hey Hawkeye,

I'll add that in addition to the areas Russ and Ted mentioned, try fishing the area where the north end bottlenecks into the southern portions of the lake. There are flats near this area that can harbor a good jerkbait bite early in the morning this time of year. I have limited experience on this lake, so that is all I can offer ya.

Chris

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/27/05 at 17:17:09
Quote Print Post  
Seems to me that there is the Watcom Open scheduled for this weekend.  You may have a crowd.  Cry

Smitty
Wink

Nanner Nanner

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo