Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Green Slips (Read 6765 times)
REDCHAMP
Ex Member

Green Slips
04/25/05 at 04:56:20
Quote Print Post  
I couldn't help but notice that some folks had 2 fish listed for March greenslips, a largemouth and a smallie. Is this something new? Can you turn in more than "1" greenslip per month now?
Mark

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Green Slips
Reply #1 - 04/25/05 at 05:09:03
Quote Print Post  
I believe Mark you can if it is for a grand slam...ie a 4 pound smallie or a 5 pound largie.
I do not think both count for big stringer.
Larry.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/25/05 at 14:33:13
Quote Print Post  
Can you turn in fish caught during a tournament for a greenslip? I sure would like to add that 8 pounder to my list. I think we can, but wasn't sure.

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/25/05 at 15:17:30
Quote Print Post  
NO!!!  FISH CAUGHT DURING TOURNEY'S ARE VERBOTEN.  ONLY FISH CAUGHT AT FISH-INS ARE ELIGIBLE!!!

Just kidding Rob.  Nice fish OH GREAT ONE.  Yes you can turn that PIG in for greenslips.

Redchamp,  some people turn in 2 slips for the month if they haven't already caught a smallmouth over 4 lbs. or a largemouth over 5 lbs. so that if they don't catch one later then they still get credit at the end of the year for their SM and LM certificates. 

As you know members get 1 (ONE) certificate for their biggest LM over 5 lbs. and 1 (one) certificate for their biggest LM over 5 lbs. turned in during the year on greenslips.  So what happens is a member (such as Brian)( the name was included to point to the guilty) goes out during the month and catches a 6 lb. LM and also catches a 5 lb. SM.  He hasn't turned in a greenslip for a SM over 4 lbs. yet this year.  So he turns in the 6lb. LM for this month and includes the 5 lb. SM. on a greenslip.

I will accept both and announce them.  But only the LM is included in his greenslips total for the year.  But if he doesn't happen to catch another 4+lb. SM (Brian? yeah right) during the year he still gets his certificate at the end of the year. ( I think he is papering his bedroom with them) Grin.

I hope this answers the questions.

On second thought since I am the greenslips chair(don't go there Larry)person I guess I get to make up the rules.  I will have to take under advisement the question regarding the HUGE fish caught during a "sanctioned" tourney being turned in for a greenslip.  (Rob, money talks, Bullshot walks) Wink Grin Shocked

Rich

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/25/05 at 18:12:56
Quote Print Post  
I don't see why it shouldn't count. It was caught legally and is the biggest I caught in the month. If you didn't count every fish caught whenever (in the state) then the winner wouldn't have as much satisfaction knowing the big fish caught in tourneys didn't count. I believe fish were turned it from the Open Tourneys, so ours should count too.....right?

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/25/05 at 18:18:01
Quote Print Post  
O.K. Rob,  iffin' you are gonna whine about it I am going to let you count that "cute" fish.  But only so that you will know the crashing feeling when someone catches a BIGGER fish then yours.  OH THE P-A--I-N!!!

Rich

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 04/25/05 at 18:24:18
Quote Print Post  
Actually I was just curious. Not that I need that fish, but the tournament was the only time I caught fish this month in WA state so I could have been blank this month. Now someone will pop in here and disagree and we'll have a forum battle whether this fish should count!! I can already see it coming.

BTW Rich...Don't playa hate just because topped your 8-4 pig.... Grin

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 04/25/05 at 21:10:37
Quote Print Post  
OH THE P-A-I-N

Rich

IP Logged

REDCHAMP
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 04/27/05 at 03:41:07
Quote Print Post  
Tournament caught fish "can" be turned in for a greenslip but they have to be weighed on your club certified scale because the tourney scale doesn't have to be accurate(usually is different because of a basket on top of it) as long as all fish are weighed on the same scale.
Mark

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 04/27/05 at 03:55:37
Quote Print Post  
The basket is zeroed out. Plus Rich only certifies them up to 6 pounds.

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 04/27/05 at 04:18:19
Quote Print Post  
Mark,

Rob has got you on that one. The basket is tared and zeroed, so Rob's fish is certified.
RB

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 04/27/05 at 05:32:16
Quote Print Post  
What's kinda getting me is why are we even having this conversation? I simply wanted to make sure that any fish caught at anytime in the state was eligible. I know people turned in fish from the Silver Lake Open. Was that fish weighed on there personal scale? I doubt it. If this was a 3 bler, nobody would even question it. Like I told Rich, the "T" scale is probably more accurate than any other $20 scale we use. We all know the basket and the board that calms the fish is zeroed out before fish are weighed. The fish was weighed at 8-8, marked as 8-8, will be remembered as 8-8 and I will turn it in as 8-8. If someone has a problem then they can go you no where.

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 04/27/05 at 05:33:07
Quote Print Post  
I just need to get a scale period. Caught the biggest bass of my life today and don't know the real weigh. After seeing the big fish this weekend I know it was a round 7lbs. Yes, Rich it did come out of the mud hole. Wish I could have mustered a fish this big out of Silver a few days ago. O well I just need to get to know a few more lakes as well as the mud hole.

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 04/27/05 at 15:38:43
Quote Print Post  
DON'T FIGHT GIRLS...YOU MIGHT RIP YOUR NYLONS

This is the definitive answer:  If the scales are good enough to be used in a sanctioned tournament then they are good enough for the club's greenslips. (although I still think they might be about 5 oz. heavy so I still have the biggest fish.HAHA

Come on guys,  even though we "certify" scales we are still on the honor system to "ACCURATELY" report the weight of fish caught during the month.  How about those scales that use springs and graduated marks on the side?  How accurate are they really?  You still have to approximate between 2 or 3 ozs.

Guys, we are the Western Bass Club not B.A.S.S. or FLW.  The prize is not 6 figures and will make the house payment.  And it is not like the top weights were mear tenths of an ounce apart.  CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?  LOL

Darn, now I guess we will have to go thruogh this on Loudmouth Bass on Sat. morning.

Anyway, Damm nice fish Rob.  Now take 2 of these and call me in the morning. Grin

Rich

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 04/27/05 at 15:41:42
Quote Print Post  
Doesn't someone out there have an extra scale that they can donate to our up and coming PRO angler?  Come on guys you don't want Nick guesstimating his greenslips do you?

Rich

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo