Normal Topic Sawyer Fishin a blast!!! (Read 3923 times)
RussBaker
Ex Member

Sawyer Fishin a blast!!!
09/19/04 at 00:51:31
Quote Print Post  
Hey,

All you guys that missed a fun fishin, should have been there. The fishing was pretty good. I personally caught over 35 Bass myself. My best seven went about 15lbs mostly caught on drop shots in 20-23ft. Jim Shaffer,Faz, Myself, Mark Chevrier, Rocky Senior and some new guys I didn't know showed up and fished. Great cooking by Mr Shaffer on the brats, yum.

Thanks for a great lunch and commaradie!!
Russ Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Bax
Ex Member

Re: Sawyer Fishin a blast!!!
Reply #1 - 09/19/04 at 01:32:52
Quote Print Post  
How was the fishing after the potluck?  Anything bigger?  With top 7 going for 15lbs sounds like some were slightly bigger.

Don B.

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/19/04 at 16:59:06
Quote Print Post  
Bax,

My partner and I backed off into deeper water 22-23ft and drop shotted. Found one particular area that produced on three straight casts, 3-2+ Lb fish as well as 2 other 2lb fish within a few minutes of the first. Good old fashion Robo Worm Aarons Majic.

Yeah, I probably caught in the neighborhood more than 20 fish after lunch. Was having one of those days, every cast was a fish. In fact broke 1 good one off in 23 feet.

Russ

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/19/04 at 19:53:33
Quote Print Post  
I was there on Friday and was only able to catch fish in the 1.5lb range.  I broke 2 off on the hook set on my flouracrarbon leader at the knot. Angry 

What part of the lake were you at?

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 09/20/04 at 01:18:28
Quote Print Post  
Was on the east side between two bouys.
Russ

IP Logged

Dipsnort
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/20/04 at 17:58:56
Quote Print Post  
Hey Y2SAYS, are you using an improved clinch knot on your flourocarbon line?  If so, that's probably your problem.  An "unimproved" clinch knot will increase your knot strength.  Something about putting the line through the second loop weakens the knot considerably on the improved clinch when using flourocarbon.  Kiss

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 09/20/04 at 18:23:12
Quote Print Post  
I passed it through the once.   

IP Logged

Dipsnort
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 09/20/04 at 19:07:07
Quote Print Post  
By way of clarification (because some people may not know the difference between the two knots and the reasons for using one knot over the other), here's the clinch knot:
http://www.killroys.com/knots/clinch.htm
and here's the improved clinch knot:
http://www.cabelas.com/information/cabelas-field-guides/Knot-Library-Fishing-Kno...

Between the these two knots the improved clinch knot is preferred due to it's breaking strength.  However, with flourocarbon, the regular clinch knot is best.  Wink

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 09/20/04 at 20:57:17
Quote Print Post  
Tie a Palomar, problem solved.

IP Logged

Chad S.
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 09/20/04 at 22:38:02
Quote Print Post  
amen......

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo