Normal Topic Heavy Milfoil Techniques (Read 1750 times)
Carlos
Ex Member

Heavy Milfoil Techniques
04/22/05 at 16:39:37
Quote Print Post  
I looking to learn how I can be affective on lakes with really heavy Milfoil. I'm pretty good with most Top water stuff and weightless senkos but I would like to know more about getting into some of this real deep cover. I just found a lake close to my house (Bass Lake, Enumclaw) but it has a serious weed problem (Milfoil or Hydrilla I think). I heard there are some Toads Shocked in it. If ya'll have any techniques or would like to share what may have worked for you on this lake or situations with Milfoil, that would help cause I plan on working this place allot. It's pretty close to my house. Thanks. 8)

Carlos

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Re: Heavy Milfoil Techniques
Reply #1 - 04/22/05 at 16:53:05
Quote Print Post  
In Minnesota they pitch jig and pigs through the holes in the milfoil. It might take a little longer in deep water to get them down, but the water shouldn't be that deep there. I would try that religiously until it is clear it doesn't work. Meaning, you may need to put in some time before figuring out how to do it successfully. I bet you bag some fish though. I use to texas-rig plastic worms through heavy cover in CA, but the cover can't be too thick.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo