Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) New Tournament sites? (Read 5704 times)
pays2no
Ex Member

New Tournament sites?
03/09/05 at 22:28:53
Quote Print Post  
Hey Larry-

I was just wondering what you are leaning towards for backups for our June and August tournies.  Since Riffe won't have enough water and is basically out of the picture and Chelan has camping issues, do you know what might be next? 

Bob

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Re: New Tournament sites?
Reply #1 - 03/09/05 at 22:57:20
Quote Print Post  
There is a lake way in the far Northwest section of WA called Lake Ozette. it may have certain restrictions not allowing tournaments but it looked like a nice big lake. Long Lake in Spokan Co would be sweet too. These are my opinions.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/10/05 at 02:03:41
Quote Print Post  
No we are not going to Riffe as the water is going to be too low....we are going to Chelan last I checked...I will post the new site when the state gives me a list of open lakes.

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/10/05 at 03:50:06
Quote Print Post  
Hey guys, It is tipical for the water to be low at this time of year, It's allways been low in the spring, ask Lyle or Ted. If we launched out of Mosseyrock the water level shouldn't be and issue, in fact it may be better due to the logs will still be on dry land. Larry, how soon do you need to know before you decide to switch the permit? I could go down there this weekend and check thing out if it needs to be.  Brian (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #4 - 03/10/05 at 05:16:05
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
No we are not going to Riffe as the water is going to be too low.....

Sounds to me the decision has already been made, Brian.  

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #5 - 03/10/05 at 14:17:46
Quote Print Post  
Hey Larry,
 Has anyone investigated Whatcom in the last couple of years?  How about Duck? Is the City of Ocean Shores missing us yet or do we need to keep our money away for another year or two?  Lastly, How 'bout Silver in August?  I went there a few years ago in August and there was a fish under every dock!!!!  (almost)

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 03/10/05 at 16:04:05
Quote Print Post  
Ex-Prez,

Unfortuneatly there are only so many docks. HEHE. How about Moses, or Silver like Ron suggested. How about a different weekend other than the third weekend which we always have. Is it that hard to change or share a permit?
My Nickle
RB

IP Logged

Daryl_S.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 03/10/05 at 16:37:26
Quote Print Post  
Why do people think that Riffe isn't going to have any water in it? Last year they held the water through the summer. It was ten feet over normal levels. There were logs floating all over the lake. I don't think we should rush to judgement so soon. Also, Capital City Bass has scheduled a tournament on Riffe the week before are's and I haven't heard a thing from them. We also have a tournament at Duck Lake in April. I don't know about any issues from the City of Ocean Shores.

Daryl

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 03/10/05 at 16:53:52
Quote Print Post  
Have we ever had a tournament on Goodwin?

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 03/10/05 at 21:52:55
Quote Print Post  
Goodwin is way to small to hold a WBC tourney on. It would be like a merry-go-round at all those docks. I love Goodwin have seen fish over 10+ in there.
Russ

IP Logged

Andrea L
WBC Member

Reply #10 - 03/10/05 at 23:39:18
Quote Print Post  
Hi All,

I just had a nice discussion with an employee at TPU Natural Resources dept. that deals with the water elevations of the Cowlitz River Hydroelectric Project. (Mossyrock & Mayfield Dams)

The current water elevation at Riffe Lake is "normal" for this time of year, it is at 733 currently and full pool is 778.  They hope to have it near full pool by this summer, but of course when dealing with mother nature they cannot guarantee that it will be full pool.   Riffe Lake is not only fed by snow melt off and the Cowlitz River but also the Cowlitz Glacier.  They are not letting anymore water out  this year, so we should see the water elevation start to raise over the next month.

The boat launch at Mossyrock has concrete down to the 730 elevation, so even at this time of year with the lake so low you can still launch at Mossyrock.

They hope to have an update of the water situation by mid-April.

So . . . it will be too bad if the Riffe tourney is changed to a different lake because of the conclusion that if the water elevation is low today it's going to be low in June.   Cry

Just my $68.00 worth -- oops that's the diesel receipt . . .

Andrea

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 03/11/05 at 02:31:42
Quote Print Post  
Months ago, I made some suggestions for possible new waters for WBC T's. Has anybody done any  investigating of those waters?  Also: Beware  Shocked of the boat races on Lk. Chelan. You won't want to be there then. Ask Don Bertellotti for the racing dates.
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 03/11/05 at 04:00:33
Quote Print Post  
Well....it looks like we will hold off on changing Riffe.....some other sources have proved less than reliable and I kind of jumped the gun so we'll just see how she goes and watch the levels!

plus I personnally like Riffe!

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #13 - 03/11/05 at 05:05:00
Quote Print Post  
Andrea,
  I appreciate your opinion.  I love Riffe and would prefer that lake as well.  My thoughts on other lakes was for the sole reason that it sounded like the process of changing it had already been finalled be our TD.  I again, would prefer not to change any of the tournaments as the scheduling, organizing, etc. is much easier not to change.  I still vote for Riffe.  I guess a last minute change is possible with a call to Bruce Baker.  I vote for that, if needed.

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

REDCHAMP
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 03/14/05 at 03:07:47
Quote Print Post  
I heard through the grapevine that 2 of the ramps at Mossyrock are going to be extended ? feet this year.
Mark

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo