Normal Topic Lake Washington Part II (Read 1913 times)
The_Rev.
Ex Member

Lake Washington Part II
12/21/04 at 03:18:10
Quote Print Post  
Twas the week before Christmas and all...

...naw, I won't do that to you.  But it is the Monday before Xmas, and we had another great day Rev-Rigging.  I took a high school student out named Sean, and he managed to hook up with seven fish, two small ones, a 3# 5oz, two 3# 8oz fish, a 3#9 oz, and a 4# 7 ouncer!  (That's a 3# 10oz average for 5 fish).  All five fish were bigger than his previous best.

I set Sean up with the ol'reliable "silver with black back" Jointed Rapala.  After I caught two fish, I decided to start experimenting with various other cranks to see how they stacked up. (It's fun to have two fisherman in the boat to experiment with - you learn lots that way.)  But nothing seemed to compare - they chose Sean's set up every time.  (We caught a lot of perch - they're spread out all over the bottom of the basins.)

The sun was out!  The air was crisp but calm!  The eagles were flying!  It was a blast teaching an eager young man some things about fishing!  No wrapping paper... but I got a gift today!

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Re: Lake Washington Part II
Reply #1 - 12/21/04 at 03:21:46
Quote Print Post  
Your catching more fish in the winter than some of us catch in the summer.  Wow, amazing.  Good work.

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/21/04 at 13:27:06
Quote Print Post  
Great work Rev,
  I believe I saw you guys out there yesterday as I was driving down 405...... Wishing I was out there with you.

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/21/04 at 15:55:29
Quote Print Post  
WOW Chuck,  those are some AWESOME perch.  When is the perch fry?

Rich

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/23/05 at 05:16:23
Quote Print Post  
Well, it's not as impressive as what the Rev. is getting, but Bree and myself went out today and enjoyed the calm winds, warm(er) weather and catching five smallies, 3 over 3lbs plus 2 perch for the pan! Smiley Draging tubes with 1/4 oz. insert with a touch of smelly jelly in 40 - 50ft.            Brian. (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo