Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Lake Pattison. (Read 3068 times)
Larry S.
Board Moderator

Lake Pattison.
08/21/02 at 07:39:16
Quote Print Post  
Hey....lookie........I got to make the first report here!! WHOOOOOOOHOOOOOO.....oh sorry...Myself and Glenn May hit Pattison on Sunday the 18th and it was a dink fest of monumental proportions....each of us caught at least 40 dink largemouth and no less than 25 rock bass some in the 1 lb class with only one 2 1/2 largie each for the effort. sore arms only from repitition not weight so grab the kids and hit pattison for the day of their lives.

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Re: Lake Pattison.
Reply #1 - 08/22/02 at 23:26:32
Quote Print Post  
<---------<((<<Hey Larry<<((<<---< Where is Lake Pattison? I need to get out fishing before the summer is gone. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/23/02 at 02:59:58
Quote Print Post  
Hey Jim Lk. Pattison is near Long Lake in Thurston county by Lacy.....you can get it from the Yelm hwy......5 mph speed limit all the time so no Skiers!

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/23/02 at 08:56:28
Quote Print Post  
Thanks I'll have to get down there some time next week.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #4 - 08/23/02 at 11:16:52
Quote Print Post  
Actually it's near Lk. St. Clair, not Long Lake.

IP Logged

ylfylf
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 01/21/05 at 19:27:45
Quote Print Post  
Chiming in on Lake Pattison:
I call it my 'home water'!  It is a fantastic lake for fishing large ANYthing!!!  I fished it for trout, as I hadn't been introduced to BASS fishing yet, but I have seen, with my own two eyes, HUGE BASS, caught there.  It has rainbow, native and stocked, the size of large salmon, and it has brown trout even bigger.  I have seen a 22lb brown, caught by two young men, just after I told them (they asked, "How's the fishing here, and where should we go?), "The fishing's GREAT, they JUST starting hitting the line, so~ just, go right over there- along the bank, it's a good place to start.  Good Luck~!".  I rowed my boat out just a ways, trolling, looked back- and they had caught that 22 lb Brownie.  The Bass fishing is excellent.  I know they have considered making that lake a year 'rounder.  That EVER happens, and I'm the first one there!  Oh, it is so quiet there, nice nice fishing.

If you go the 'back way' from Tacoma, through Yelm, and end up on that Yelm Hwy, straight through Yelm, continue -- you come up a rise, past the signs to Lk. St. Clair, on your right.  At the top of that slow rise, you'll see the "EVG" Store on your left (Stands for 'Evergreen Grocery') a Gas, Convenience store, and 'Meridian', on your right.  TAKE A RIGHT at/onto 'Meridian'.  Continue on Meridian (not good at distances, etc) but, probably not quite a mile ... Look for "Mullen" road; Mullen will be on your left.  TAKE A LEFT AT/ONTO MULLEN Road.  Mullen road is pretty much a 'straight shot' ... pass some housing entrances, etc ...  WHEN you SEE an ELECTRICal station type of thing, from a distance, on your right ... and you PASS that, you ALSO PASS MARVIN ROAD, on your RIGHT, which is right at that station, just before it, then:
TAKE YOUR VERY NEXT LEFT (there is a fence, house, right on that inside corner).  Can't remember the name, but, it IS the VERY NEXT LEFT.  Follow that straight out UNTIL IT  "T's"/GO RIGHT AT THE "T", follow that, down into and out of a 'dip', the top the dip, and it dips down to the right, around the Lake, and you'll see the BOAT LAUNCH, just after you 'see' the Lake, RIGHT ON THE LEFT~! 
IF you come OFF "I 5", go S on InterState 5 from Tacoma, take the "Marvin Road, Hawks Praire Exit" OFF TO YOUR RIGHT/TAKE A LEFT onto MARVIN ROAD, pass the Hawks Praire Restaurant, through a few intersections, including straight through the Marvin Road/Martin Way Intersection.  MARVIN ROAD IS A STRAIGHT SHOT/STAY ON IT ... STAY ON IT/CROSS the MARVIN ROAD:PACIFIC HWY Intersection, just STAY STAY STAY on that straight shot.  YOU "T" at the END of MARVIN ROAD AT MULLEN ROAD, with that ELECTRICAL power station right at the corner on your right. 
TURN RIGHT at that "T", AT/ONTO:  MULLEN ROAD, then MAKE A QUICK LEFT, left OFF MULLEN ROAD, at the VERY NEXT LEFT (first LEFT), AT, just past, THAT FENCE AND HOUSE ... continue out until it "T's", go RIGHT at the "T", follow, into and up out of a dip, to the top of that dip, it DIPS AGAIN, DOWN, and to the RIGHT, down:  SEE THE LAKE, THEN THE BOAT LAUNCH for Pattison Lake, on the LEFT.
One of the best fishing lakes around~!
This lake would make a good, 'opening season', what, APRIL FISH'IN LAKE??? My birthday, April 25th,~ is the night before or, the day of Fishing Season, hey. Would be a good 'present' for me to go on a Fish-in, in my favorite lake?!
Got stuff to do!
later<
Jerrie

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 01/21/05 at 20:36:40
Quote Print Post  
Whew!!!. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  Thank the Lord for MapQuest!! Cheesy

Smitty
Wink

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #7 - 01/21/05 at 20:40:33
Quote Print Post  
LOL Smitty!

Quote:
Oh, it is so quiet there, nice nice fishing.
Except for the occasional FRIEGHT TRAIN roaring through the middle of the lake!!  Shocked

But overall, ya, nice like.  I especially like the 5mph limit. Keeps the jetskiiers and crazies away.

'cept me, of course.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 01/21/05 at 21:15:28
Quote Print Post  
Jerrie,

I think I saw Jeff Foxworthy do that "directions to Pattison Lake" skit on Blue Collar TV. You can't fool us!!!
LOL.

Just kidding. It sounds like a nice lake, but I've never gotten down there.

Chris

IP Logged

ylfylf
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 01/21/05 at 21:48:42
Quote Print Post  
Well,
Sarge,
Glenn,
and SMITTY!  YA GOT me~
Sorry, won't happen again (where's the 'sheepish' smiley face? Undecided).  It IS ... a 'nice' lake though, no 'crazies', no jet skies, and 'FISH' (EXCELLENT Fishin'!).
I'm GLAD, I'm now 'baptized' in the guff and flak gang, making me a 'TRUE' member, in good standing!!!
Thanks, guys Wink,
Later, then,
Jerrie

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 01/21/05 at 23:45:33
Quote Print Post  
Embarrassed Embarrassed Here it is Embarrassed Embarrassed

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
Smitty
Wink

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo