Normal Topic Citgo Bass Open Series lake Selections!! (Read 1627 times)
RussBaker
Ex Member

Citgo Bass Open Series lake Selections!!
11/24/04 at 16:47:20
Quote Print Post  
For those who want to know,

The Citgo Bass Open series lakes for 2005 go as follows:
The Delta, Clear Lake, Lake Oroville. The dates will be set and posted sometime in Jan 05.

The Columbia was not chosen due to the complaints from many California Pro's. You want to know why, I heard from someone that I fished with that they said it was to difficult to fish.

If any one wants to fish this series and tag along with me give me an e-mail. Its a blast and well worth the time and money.
Russ

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Re: Citgo Bass Open Series lake Selections!!
Reply #1 - 12/01/04 at 02:27:18
Quote Print Post  
What a bunch of "big girls blouses" !! They should take a look at the results of our Club tournament, if we "mere-mortals" can do as well as we did in Tri-Cities this year, then what's their problem??

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/01/04 at 14:09:48
Quote Print Post  
Faz,
  Don't sell this club short.  I have been around ALOT of tournements and tournement fisherman.....  And by know means are we second raters, wannabe's or johnny wishful thinkers.....  We have some VERY GOOD anglers in this club.   Right now I would say we have approxiamately 10 guys right now who could easily make a run in that citgo series.  When I say make a go, I mean doing well enough to qualify for their tournement of champions.    Granted most of us would be hard pressed to go to the delta and compete with Gary Dobyn's, Dee Thomas or Richard Lee.  All of who are Delta ledgends,  but I feel those 10 of us who are quality sticks could easily make a run on any of those California lakes and be top 30 guys....

Mark

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/01/04 at 14:57:20
Quote Print Post  
I think Faz agrees Mark....but he is talking about BASS not coming up here.

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/03/04 at 01:55:30
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Larry, you hit the nail on the head. I was making the same point as Mark..... basically that if you look at how well we did on the Columbia (and we did have a great tournament) - then the Pro's have nothing to complain about. They just seem to want it easier, but I can understand their reluctance to make a long drive to a place that is not easy to fish.

That in itself shows how good our Club Anglers are.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo