Normal Topic Frostbite 2004 (Read 1964 times)
gotfive
Ex Member

Frostbite 2004
11/08/04 at 21:11:13
Quote Print Post  
Lyle and myself fished the 7th annual Frostbite event this past weekend at Banks.  FInished in the middle of the pack.  Winning weight was around 23lbs.  Got spanked pretty good on Saturday, low water levels kept me from my typical fall green fish pattern and had to resort to going deep for smallies.  Finished with a mesely 4lbs on Saturday, which effectively took us out of the money.  Sunday, we committed to locating fish for future events, and were very successful.  Weighed a nice 10lb sack on Sunday using football heads with moptops (176).  Most of our fish were caught in 15-20 ft of water near deeper water.  The fish were flat on the bottom.  Soft bite, though not as soft as one might imagine.  Caught the Saturday fish all on crankbaits.  Location was completely different than we expected and we fished a lot of water we hadn't fished before.  Weather, though cold, was not unbearable.  Two 10lb sacks easily puts you in the money for this event and we are looking forward to next years event.  Banks is like a totally different lake in the fall. 

Kirk

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Re: Frostbite 2004
Reply #1 - 11/08/04 at 21:28:35
Quote Print Post  
The weights always seem the same. 10-12 pound days takes the money. Good job in making the adjustment to get on fish.

IP Logged

pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/09/04 at 15:07:17
Quote Print Post  
Kirk-
Is there a website you have been able to find that shows the entire results?   In the past, White's Outdoors showed only the top three finishers but that was about it.  It would be nice to see all the results for both days.

Bob

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 11/09/04 at 17:15:22
Quote Print Post  
Nice job guys! Thanks for the report!

Chris

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 11/09/04 at 19:44:41
Quote Print Post  
I do not know about a website location that posts the results.  Sorry.  Thanks to Rob as well.  Yea, it felt good to stick it out after a disappointing Saturday, and yes, a 70 mph boat ride in 40 air temps can give you a chill that lasts all day, regardless of attempts to keep warm.  The Logston helmets did come in handy. 

Kirk

IP Logged

Chad S.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 11/09/04 at 23:28:40
Quote Print Post  
My dad and I fished this tournament as well. We caught 9.9 on saturday, and 8.1 on sunday. We caught our better fish on saturday in around 50 feet of water on dropshots, and grubs. on sunday, my first cast resulted in a 3 lber which is a real treat on this lake, however; the rest of the day sucked, and we managed one more decent one, and the rest were pounders. the thing that  got me is that my big fish weighed in at 2.90 pounds, but it was 18.5 inches long, and wasnt a typical banks snake. i know that this fish had to be at least 3.25, but the scales indicated otherwise, i just hope it was consistant for everyone. the best baits were bolts, and brown grubs, but our bites were obvious bites, not light typical bites for this time of year.
c&r chad

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo