Normal Topic Lake Sammamish Fish-in? (Read 3496 times)
pays2no
Ex Member

Lake Sammamish Fish-in?
11/08/04 at 04:00:29
Quote Print Post  
How was the fish-in?

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Lake Sammamish Fish-in?
Reply #1 - 11/08/04 at 05:46:37
Quote Print Post  
Hey Bob....Fish-in was great as 9 folks attended from 4 boats and all were greeted by warming temps and calm water....not what you would expect from November.....several fish were caught...but I believe all the keepers were on dropshot Robo Worms in 18-30 ft. of water. I was fishing with Faz and Chris...(Powerworm) and we got 4 Smallies of 1.5, 2.8, 3.4 and Chris got honors with a 3.12!
We fished one 1/2 mile stretch over 3-1/2 hrs on the west side of the lake and I attribute the catch to fishing slow and covering the breakline with multiple casts.
The Brats were great as was Richards chicken noodle soup! The weather was nice but the run down the lake was still cold!!

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/08/04 at 06:01:22
Quote Print Post  
Nothing caught on cranks huh! Did anyone try shallow. I'm asking because Bob and I took a perch fishing trip out to Washington and boy are tose little boys good. But anyway we decided to try some bass and tryed shallow and on my like fourth cast I caught a 2 pound largemouth on a rattle trap. It caught both of us off guard. I thought I could catch one on it this time of year since I've read to fish cranks in the fall until the water gets less than 45 degrees. Well the fish-in sounded fun and good job Chris on that 3-12. O Chris I hope I'm spelling your name right since I can't seem to spell anyone elses right lately.

IP Logged

StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Reply #3 - 11/08/04 at 06:20:42
Quote Print Post  
Jim Shaffer and I fished up the upper east side of the lake, where I caught several smallies earlier in the year.

We fished out deep, along the break and in close to the docks with cranks, drop shots and Carolina rigs, and we didn't find any fish at all. We didn't even see anything on the electronics.

Jim had the camera down several times and he only saw two fish all morning.

I had a great day, though. Thanks to everyone who was there.

Stu

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 11/08/04 at 06:28:51
Quote Print Post  
Well said Larry.
Like stu said we were all over. From 6 - 60 foot and only saw 2 fish on the camera.

I guess the key was location, location, location.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 11/08/04 at 17:26:18
Quote Print Post  
The problem with the camera is you usually only see the fish hugging the botton, and a small angle of what's down there. It will boost your confidence when you see fish and kill it when you don't. I would have thought deeper cranks would have been good for a few fish.

This is the time the crawdads are out again too. Keep that in mind.  

IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 11/08/04 at 18:25:52
Quote Print Post  
Can anyone elaberate on the crawdad thing, when are they "out", etc.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 11/08/04 at 18:44:51
Quote Print Post  
There are some websites you can read. I saved an article from Bassmaster that talked about them. From what I remember when the water gets to 50 degrees in the spring, they start looking for mates. This makes them vulnerable to prey because they are up on top of rocks. Then they hide in the rocks through the summer. They come back out in the fall when the temps start to drop again, but I can't remember why.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 11/08/04 at 18:52:20
Quote Print Post  
Ok I read it. They spawn again in the fall. They say it can be better than in the spring, but can turn off if the temps drop to quickly, below 45 degrees. That shouldn't happen around the Puget Sound area. I've seen water temps stay around 50 for most of the winter. I can't remember too many times fishing water much colder. I have seen small jigs catch bass in cold water. Pretty much a no-brainer.

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 11/08/04 at 19:58:46
Quote Print Post  
Thanks everyone for the compliments, it was a great day and a nice fish.  Can't give me all the credit though, Larry is the one who put us on the fish  Wink  Thanks again Larry for letting me fish in the Pro Craft.  That fast run down the lake sure was cold, but very fun. 
I caught the 3 12 oz on a dropshot roboworm, bold bluegill color. 
I did try a sniper j-craw Rob, but didn't get any bites on the craw. 
Thanks again, had a grrreat time.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo