Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Tournament lake suggestions (Read 7880 times)
Rob M.
Ex Member

Re: Tournament lake suggestions
Reply #15 - 10/13/04 at 22:13:36
Quote Print Post  
That's right Mark, you grew up fishing that area. You would probably be down for Mead, Powell, maybe even Don Pedro.

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 10/13/04 at 23:47:54
Quote Print Post  
Hey Mark - I think the delta locals were saying the same thing to us Washingtonians before Clint Johansen (WA resident) went down there and whooped up on all of them in the last Bassmaster tournament!!!  8)

Chris

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 10/14/04 at 18:38:33
Quote Print Post  
Mark,

Just 50 fish a day, try like 75 + a day if you are in a Procraft. Ha!Ha!! Grin. Yeah ya know the fish aren't quite like Roosevelt they are more in line with the 1-1.8lb range. Just hope I can find a kicker during the tourney each day, because that is what its going to take to finish high.

I'm game for going down to the Delta next year. Lets see if we can get a bunch of guys from the club.
Russ

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 10/14/04 at 19:13:14
Quote Print Post  
Well lets throw some dates out there and see who gets on board.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 10/15/04 at 06:09:41
Quote Print Post  
What time is best?...Spring Spawn?.....I'm in!

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #20 - 10/15/04 at 14:00:27
Quote Print Post  
To heck with the Delta, Clearlake in late April for Grin
PIGS!

Smitty
Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 10/15/04 at 15:06:20
Quote Print Post  
That's a tough one Smitty. My Dad has fished both for around 10 years and his biggest was over 13lbs in the Delta. Although he has several 10's from Clear Lake. I would have a great partner in a team tourney there! Cheesy

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #22 - 10/15/04 at 17:03:03
Quote Print Post  
Rob, when you can fish a 3 day "T" with a weight of over 83 lbs, that's where I want to spend some time. Cheesy  Byron did it in 2000.  When he was telling me how he did it, I was litteraly foaming at the mouth! Grin  Other considerations include the distance to Clear Lake.  It can be driven in 1 long day. Undecided  The fact that in the Delta you have to deal with tides and much heavier boat traffic from skiers to ocean going vessels Tongue is another consideration.  Finally the scenery around Clear Lake in the Wine Country of Sonoma County is beautiful. Smiley

BTW I've got an antique Skeeter hat for you at the next meeting.

Smitty
Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 10/15/04 at 17:54:39
Quote Print Post  
Smitty is on target.  I know Russ has been there and so have many others.  Clear Lake would be an absolute hoot for a spring fling in April.  Even if we do not fish a tourney there, what a blast to have a bunch of us Washington goonies head down for a long weekend of tangling with big bass.  I have tossed this around with a few folks in the club, but never got too serious about it.  I am in for a trip to clear lake for sure, especially in April.

KIrk

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 10/15/04 at 18:06:01
Quote Print Post  
Well April sounds like a good month. These are the weekend dates in April; 2nd-3rd, 9th-10th, 16th-17th, 23rd-24th and the 30th with that Sunday being May 1st. This is the month we hold our Draw Tourney though and some may not be able to do both in the same month. We could probably go at the end of March too. The weather there should still be great and the fish will be in pre-spawn with some early spawners. I think people will go if we can get a date set so people can make arrangements. This would be an awesome trip for WBC.

We should put on a car wash to help with funds....hahahahahaha  Tongue

Smitty-
I know how he caught those fish  Wink. My Dad fished the BASS that year (50th place). Velvick was sticking 8-10 lb toads like it was cool. Not ony do I wish I could fish like Velvick, I wish I could be on TV with a ton of hot chicks fighting for me...... Grin. can't wait to see the hat!

IP Logged

Daryl_S.
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 10/15/04 at 18:24:46
Quote Print Post  
If anyone is interested the federation tournament is tenatively set for the weekend of the Apr 30th and May 1st at Lake Washington. Also, the second tournament is scheduled for Potholes the 16th and 17th of July.

Daryl

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 10/15/04 at 19:45:50
Quote Print Post  
Yes Kirk Is right,

Fished in early may last time I was there 2 years ago after two huge tournies were held there (Won Bass& BASS) and the fishing was a little tough due to pressured fish. The only thing bad about that time of the year is the weather can be cold. When I was there in May 2 years ago the first 4 days it was in the 80's and the last 3 days it was in the 50's and the wind was in the 30+ range. And on that lake if the wind comes up and your out in the middle you are toast Cry Cry. Try 6-8 foot waves. We cancelled the last day due to the wind and were run off the lake on the 3rd day because of it.

But the biggest kick I got out of it was a 5+ average. Chasing 8-12lb fish under docks was a blast.

Senko's and Brush hogs were used to catch all of our fish.
Russ

IP Logged

Andrea L
WBC Member

Reply #27 - 10/20/04 at 20:12:51
Quote Print Post  
Jim,

Are we voting for the 2005 Tournament lake's at tomorrow's general meeting (10/21)?

Please let me know,

Andrea 

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 10/21/04 at 02:11:53
Quote Print Post  
Yes we are! see ya there!!

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #29 - 10/21/04 at 18:12:19
Quote Print Post  
Crap!  I'm in L.A. right now and won't be able to make it!  Undecided

Oh well, no big deal.  Looking forward to seeing what y'all decide on.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo