Normal Topic Awesome morning on Sawyer (Read 3440 times)
Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Awesome morning on Sawyer
09/07/04 at 21:02:51
Quote Print Post  
Hit Sawyer again yesterday with a couple of buddies and landed some nice fish.  Got there early at 5am and my buddy and I doubled.  Mine was a maybe 1lb smallie (biggest fish of the day for me) and his was a 1.5lb LM.  Though they were small it was a good start.  About 30 minutes later he got another hit on a black spinnerbait.  This one was a 2.5lb smallie.  My other buddy landed one smallie around 2lbs on a huge plastic that we called the "anaconda" and a nice healthy 4lb largemouth on a jig in 2ft of water.  Left around 11am when all the water skiiers came out in full force. Angry
« Last Edit: 09/08/04 at 01:55:17 by Y2SAYS »  

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Re: Awesome morning on Sawyer
Reply #1 - 09/08/04 at 00:07:28
Quote Print Post  
Y2says,

Now you know what I have talkin about.
Russ

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 09/08/04 at 00:18:34
Quote Print Post  
Nice fish Y2Says.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #3 - 09/08/04 at 01:53:00
Quote Print Post  
Russ, I saw him cast that jig up there and I was like he ain't going to get anything.  Heck, with my glasses, I can see the lure.  I turned around to make my cast then, all of a sudden I heard a huge splash. Shocked  Guess, you never know where they're hanging out.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 09/10/04 at 19:36:17
Quote Print Post  
I too was out on Sawyer on the 7th.  I started much later. (9am  daughters first day of school).  I took my own advice and started throwing my DT16 right away and nailed a beautiful 2lb 8oz smallie in 12 ft of water.  Worked the crank bite for a healthy larger 1.5lbs a few cast later.  Moved over to Russ' favorite part of the lake and quickly caught a number ( 15) chunky largies from 3/4 to a pound.  But what was cool was to see 4 BIG fish right under some of the docks.  Worked all four a period of time and could not get them to go.  Tried deadsticking the senko and a number of other plastics to know avail.  But considering it was in the heat  of the day, I was not surprised by this.
  On the 8th, my birthday, went out to Washington early and fished till noon.  Went to my favorite new largie area of the lake and quickly put 3 largies into the boat.  A pair of 2 1/2 lbs and a solid 1 1/2 pound that was only 13" long but looked as if he had swallowed a softball in his belly.  Worked some new water for smallies and managed 2 more keepers for a solid limit by 10:30 am.

Mark

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/10/04 at 20:32:18
Quote Print Post  
Happy B-Day big guy...whatcha now say.........16-17?

he he he he he Grin Shocked Grin Shocked Tongue Kiss

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 09/10/04 at 23:42:56
Quote Print Post  
mark...what kind of boat were your in?  A lot of bass boat out that morning, looked like a tournament was going on.  I was in a G3 with 3 asian guys in it.

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 09/11/04 at 04:04:16
Quote Print Post  
Faz and I hit Lake WA today for a few hours in the mid day.  We managed to catch a few but our new largie spots weren't producing.  I did manage a 3.1 smallie on a crankbait.

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 09/11/04 at 17:31:11
Quote Print Post  
To answer your question Larry, it's official, I'm old......
  As for what boat, I was in the white snake boat.  (cobra bass boat)  I fished the northern end of the lake.  You guys must have been down in the southern end?
Mark

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #9 - 09/23/04 at 01:48:10
Quote Print Post  
You probably wouldn't recognize him from the picture, though.  He's much older looking in person!   Shocked

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo