Normal Topic Hurricane Charlie (Read 1558 times)
SMITTY
Ex Member

Hurricane Charlie
08/16/04 at 12:40:50
Quote Print Post  
I talked with Ed Shinkle saturday.  Charlie left them completely alone, in fact the winds in Ocala were only about 20 mph with light rain. Grin
On another note the surgery that he was scheduled to undergo has been cancelled due to his improving condition.  Great news! Cheesy

Smitty
Wink

IP Logged

ryoki
Ex Member

Re: Hurricane Charlie
Reply #1 - 08/17/04 at 14:56:10
Quote Print Post  
Cool 8)I will let Brian know that Mr. Ed is doing better. we thought of him during the hurricane scare...glad he and the mrs were unscathed.

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/17/04 at 18:44:06
Quote Print Post  
I just talked to my Sister Just NE of Orlando and she said that the eye of Charlie went right over there apt complex, Said they had rain coming down sideways with sustained winds of 70mph and gusts upto 140mph, real scary.

Been out of power now for 2 days and no ice to be found anywhere,

She had some looters try and break into her bedroom window.
And to top it off with 90 degree heat, 100% humidity and no A/C.

But she is fine, still has a roof over her head and a car to drive. So all is well.

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/18/04 at 22:05:20
Quote Print Post  
Looters don't you just love them. Just joking of course! Thats good she and Ed are okay!

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 08/19/04 at 03:42:16
Quote Print Post  
"She had some looters try and break into her bedroom window." 

Well, there's one Christmas present idea for you. 12 gauge. My sister-in-law got one a couple years ago. Clackety-Clack, Bad Guys don't come back!
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo