Normal Topic More Lake Sammamish! (Read 1941 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

More Lake Sammamish!
08/06/04 at 03:40:24
Quote Print Post  
Myself and the illustrious Mark Maderos hit Lake Samm. today from 0630am till 6pm and man were we rewarded for our pilgrimmage! I got first blood as we started out with spinnerbaits near the pad fields with a 5 pound 4 oz Toad largemouth on a white/ blue  tandem blade spinnerbait!. We caught several others on spinners till 9 or so then changed up to dropshots and Mark hit a nice 2-3/4 lb smally on a J-Craw and after multiple (at least 6-7  1-1/2 lb smallies and several largies of equal size) Mark hit the jackpot with a topper of 5 lbs and 8 oz!!! yes a largemouth and on a dropshot no less!! So for numbers and nice kickers Lake Samm should be on the list.

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Re: More Lake Sammamish!
Reply #1 - 08/06/04 at 04:26:06
Quote Print Post  
BIG SAMM! BIG SAMM!

Thanks for the report, Larry. I am really beginning to like that lake!!!

Chris

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/06/04 at 04:38:00
Quote Print Post  
SWEET!!!!

IP Logged

Dipsnort
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/06/04 at 13:02:21
Quote Print Post  
Wow!!  Shocked

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 08/06/04 at 18:26:03
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Larry for the great day, as for the largie on a drop shot, all I can say is "thanks for braided line."  If i would have had mono on, it would just been a fish story instead of a fish catch.  I stuck her under a dock.  She immediately went to the surface about 10 feet out from the dock and said " This is no good, I'd better head back under the dock".  She was stripping drag hard.  The only thing that saved her was me grabbing the spool, and horsing her with everything a whimppy dropshot rod had to give her.  After a couple of minutes of down deep diving I was able to work her to the boat where Larry expertly landed her with the net.  As for the rest of the day.  Larry schooled me on his dropshotting prowness.  Seems he had the extra little "shake " in his presentation that turned the trick for the finicky smallies.

Mark

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 08/06/04 at 18:40:03
Quote Print Post  
Great job guys.  I've been wanting to hit sammamish.  Hopefully you left some fish for me. Smiley

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo