Normal Topic Lake Sawyer (Read 2486 times)
Nick
Ex Member

Lake Sawyer
07/31/04 at 20:01:48
Quote Print Post  
Went to lake sawyer with Stu today had a great time! Stu got about 10-12 dinks and a nice 2lb largie! Well I only caught about and made them count! Got my largest smallie ever i don't know the exzact size but I know it was a good 4.5lb smallie it was enormous! Put a little better outlook on the day since I forgot my boat keys!

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Re: Lake Sawyer
Reply #1 - 07/31/04 at 20:46:25
Quote Print Post  
Buddy and I was there a few days ago and landed a bunch of dinks and some really nice perchs.  He did land a nice 3.2# smallmouth off a point.  We'll be heading back there on Tuesday.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/31/04 at 22:44:47
Quote Print Post  
Good luck hope you have the same success

IP Logged

pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/01/04 at 01:57:52
Quote Print Post  
Good job Nick!  You keep learning more and more don't ya?

IP Logged

StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Reply #4 - 08/01/04 at 04:38:42
Quote Print Post  
We didn't have a scale, but we got pictures of Nick's smallie! Once I get that pic on a CD, Nick will have the picture on here that he deserves!

Thanks again, Nick. I had a great time.

Stu

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 08/01/04 at 22:10:41
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Guys

IP Logged

Chad S.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 08/02/04 at 13:55:14
Quote Print Post  
went to sawyer last night and caught 5 smallies and 3 largemouth off the shore. caught them all the first half hour i was there between 8-830, then i switched to a popper when the sun went down, and got numerous strikes from dinks, but no hook ups.... biggest fish was a 14inch smallie, and most of the smallies were 12-14 inches. got them on plastics in the rocks......c&r chad

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 08/02/04 at 15:07:18
Quote Print Post  
I too was on Sawyer Sunday....After watching the classic on the t.v. and the internet I had to get a fix and was not disappointed...Me and Glen Zuger a good friend of mine...even though he has a Skeeter! We caught 47 fish 44 of them between 3" and 13" but three of them were very nice....I got a 3.0, a 3.2 and a 2.8 All smallies for the big ones and all were caught on spinnerbaits and a Bandit crank! Senkos-be-gone! its reaction bait time.

IP Logged

Chad S.
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 08/04/04 at 22:44:53
Quote Print Post  
fished sawyer monday night with my fiance and she lost two "4" lb smallies right in front of her. Both times the fish jumped and spit the hook right in front of us. Both fish were easy 4lbers. Went there last night and caught 4 more, but nothing over 12 inches. OH yeah, and we were fishing off the shore, and fishing plastics. However I did get four hits on a buzzbait monday night.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo