Normal Topic Sammamish Gate Closed.....What the...? (Read 2732 times)
dgarrett
Ex Member

Sammamish Gate Closed.....What the...?
07/27/04 at 17:46:00
Quote Print Post  
Hey guys,

What is the deal with the gate at the boat launch on Sammamish....the sign says it's open at 6:30, but everyone I've talked to says it supposed to be opened earlier.....I've witnessed both....Says and I were supposed to go fishing this morning.....but he was locked out at 5 AM......if anyone can tell me when the gate is locked, and when it is not, I would be appreciative.....Says, sorry I got my facts screwed up. After we get this straightened out, we'll plan another trip.... Undecided

Danny

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Re: Sammamish Gate Closed.....What the...?
Reply #1 - 07/29/04 at 18:34:57
Quote Print Post  
It's all good.  My friend and I headed up to Sawyer and caught a number of fish.  Most were small but my friend did catch on that was around 3lbs.  Great size perch there too.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

dgarrett
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/30/04 at 07:24:41
Quote Print Post  
Glad to hear it Says...I'm glad you guys got out somewhere. I'm not sure what the deal is with the gate, but hopefully someone will shed some light on it.

Tight Lines,
Danny

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/30/04 at 12:40:00
Quote Print Post  
While the sign says 6;30, the gate usually opens around 6.  It all depends upon when the caretaker gets to it.  However, it can't be any later than 6:30.  at least that was how it was explained to me.  Tournaments make special arraingements.

Smitty
Wink

IP Logged

pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/30/04 at 20:50:43
Quote Print Post  
Danny-

I know Neil Iovino has a key to open the gate whenever he wants.  Somehow he was able to talk the Park Mgr. into giving him a key since he fishes the lake so much.  After talking to Neil, it sounded like getting a key could be a distinct possiblility if someone or some group really wanted to.  We probably could sell the idea to the Park Mgr to have someone from Western Bass Club become the designated key person.  That way there would only be one key and one person responsible, therefore making it easier for him to monitor things.

I would be glad to be the person responsible for holding the key since I work in Issaquah and live in Renton if someone wants to work with me on this issue.

Bob

IP Logged

dgarrett
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/31/04 at 02:46:27
Quote Print Post  
Bob,

Sounds great! If there's anything I can do to help, let me know. Maybe your friend can get you in contact with the Park Manager and we can get a key for club use.

Tight Lines,
Danny

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #6 - 07/31/04 at 03:19:57
Quote Print Post  
1/2 lb of C-4 will do the trick.  Shocked

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 07/31/04 at 07:19:48
Quote Print Post  
Won't even take that much Glenn. Smiley  About 6 wraps of det cord will do nicely. 8)  It will cut that lock clean as a whistle and not make 1/3rd the noise. Grin

Smitty
Wink

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo