Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) August 7th. Fish-in (Read 4867 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

August 7th. Fish-in
07/22/04 at 23:13:28
Quote Print Post  
Hey Clubbers, We will have to find a new venue or change the date of the fish-in on the 7th....A Night Fish-in as it is the same weekend as the Hydro Races on Lake Washington.........so lets hear it.........I can propose a few selections such as Sawyer but with the fee change I am not sure we can fish at nite or the rules there.......I will get with Jim S. to evaluate the options. Thanks! Larry....your Pseudo-fill in Ambassador guy.

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Re: August 7th. Fish-in
Reply #1 - 07/22/04 at 23:52:13
Quote Print Post  
I would like to see a smaller lake for a nite fish-in anyway.  Don't relish the idea of long runs at midnight.  At least in a smaller lake you can go slower and still make it.  Sawyer was fine last year.

Butt, you the sorta  filled in ambassturd guy TD guy so get Jim out of bed and see what's up.

Nick..er..no..Glenn..er ah.. Larry (no that's you)  oh O.K. Rich

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/23/04 at 13:44:46
Quote Print Post  
You have to make sure the launches are open. Thats the problem. Coulon is 24 hr so makes for a good night spot. Samammish would be good , but we would have launch issues unless Jim can work out one of his deals to keep it open. What about the group of lakes in the lacey area? Black lake, St. Clair etc....

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/23/04 at 18:09:48
Quote Print Post  
You should be able to contact State Parks to keep Sammamish open at night. I have talked to other fishermen that have been able to swing that deal. They have people that watch and live on the grounds 24 hours a day this time of year, so it should be possible.

Chris

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #4 - 07/23/04 at 20:34:35
Quote Print Post  
Sammamish would be an excellent choice.  Would've loved to have done Washington again too.

« Last Edit: 07/28/04 at 13:22:49 by Admin »  
IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/23/04 at 22:22:50
Quote Print Post  
How about Vantage?  LOL Grin Grin Grin Grin

I will be at Chelan that week-end.  Looking forward to seeing if I can finally catch a dropshot fish.
Kirk

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/24/04 at 02:33:24
Quote Print Post  
Ok my final Answer and this is law!!!

We are fishing Banks lake for the night fish OK thats it end of discusion,

I will here no more of this whinning from anyone.

No seriously!!

In Fairness to everyone if you change the venu then it should be moved north if any direction. Since we have 2 south lakes back to back coming up in August and Sept.
Thats my only 2 cents,
Larry can do what ever he wants to its his show

We will also need to change the venu for Sept 18th since Meridian will not open till 7am,
I have an idea but need to do a little research first

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 07/27/04 at 13:38:41
Quote Print Post  
Maybe I should of put this over here........

What's the scoop on the night fish-in Larry?

IP Logged

Dave_Jarrell
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 07/27/04 at 15:04:02
Quote Print Post  
hey larry, im curious, what does hydro races and night fishing have to do with each other?   there not practicing at night are they!  Ive never done a night fish here.  I just assumed you got out right at dark and fished until midnight or something.   Not trying to be a smart@#$@#@ ellic.  Im really curious.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 07/27/04 at 16:39:25
Quote Print Post  
I say we start at like 10 or 11 and fish till morning, then have a breakfast potluck like around 6.

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 07/27/04 at 19:50:10
Quote Print Post  
You guys should try Lake Morton. Its open all day and night. And from what I have heard secretly from a couple of local boys Morton has a great Top Water Bite at night.
Good Luck,
Russ

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 07/28/04 at 02:29:58
Quote Print Post  
So far it looks like Lake Stevens as I am starting to be wary of Lake Sammamish gate closure inconsistancy.....Glenn would you have the routing info handy or in the archives and we will plan it for a say...7:30 PM start? and a midnight or 1am potluck.....as for why not Lake Wash....the Hydros might not be running but the parties on the log boom are and those people are the ones I am worried about as they make beer runs at all hours of the night.
Iwould like to add that a prize will be given to the potluck item that best meets the theme......
YOU CAN SEE IT IN THE DARK!

IP Logged

Dave_Jarrell
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 07/28/04 at 18:02:49
Quote Print Post  
thanks larry!

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 07/28/04 at 19:10:27
Quote Print Post  
How late can Skiers and Jetskiers run on Stevens? I heard they are bad there in the summer.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo