Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Thinking about the Sammammish fish-in on Saturday (Read 5662 times)
Dipsnort
Ex Member

Thinking about the Sammammish fish-in on Saturday
07/22/04 at 19:32:24
Quote Print Post  
Looks like I've got a choice between the fish-in at Sammammish and the second (and probably last) sockeye fishing opportunity for the year on Lake Washington.  I'm leaning heavily to the fish-in since I'm not sure I want to be out in the middle of the madness with my pontoon boat.  Shocked

So anyway, what kind of tactics would a fella use at Lake Sammammish this time of year?  How's the fishing there?  I've never been there before.  Undecided

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Re: Thinking about the Sammammish fish-in on Satur
Reply #1 - 07/22/04 at 20:48:55
Quote Print Post  
I heard from a gal at work that a couple smaller Livingstons got swamped and sunk last week. She said they helped two guys when theirs sunk. I guess the water was really rough with all the boats. But they got their 2 fish each.

Sammamish can be tough at times. There are a few club members that will agree with me. Some have told me they have never caugh ta fish there. NOt to deter you. Some know the lake really well. I'm curious myself how I will catch fish this time of year.

IP Logged

StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Reply #2 - 07/23/04 at 04:24:34
Quote Print Post  
I've been reading that there are rockpiles in deep water where the smallies hang out on hot sunny days.  Is anyone willing to point us close to them?

Thanks,
Stu

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

Dipsnort
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/23/04 at 14:32:13
Quote Print Post  
That's the sort of thing I'm afraid of, Rob!  Shocked

Rock piles with a crankbait for smallmouth - now THAT would be fun!

Ok, my mind's made up, the fish-in it is!  Grin

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/23/04 at 15:41:29
Quote Print Post  
Yeah I have heard about the rockpiles that are supposedly out there. I have never found one. I have put my camera down in several areas and seen lots of lay downs. You will need a 30 ft deep diving crank to reach those fish. I guess we'll see.

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/23/04 at 19:23:17
Quote Print Post  
I've always heard from guys to fish the undrwater forests and the ends of docks with drop shots. hope it helps. hopeing to be their to.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/23/04 at 21:29:57
Quote Print Post  
Just an advisory that, along with the Sockeye-Circus there will be a closure of several lanes of I-90 at the front street area till Monday am....so watch out for that too!!

IP Logged

dgarrett
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 07/24/04 at 02:18:39
Quote Print Post  
Dip,

I fished Sammamish with Chris a couple weeks ago and had a dynamite day. We caught most of our fish dropshotting a sunken culvert in 20 feet of water that most of the club is aware of....big fish too (a lot of 3 plus fish). There's also alot of big largemouth in the lake also, so I think you'll have a great time. I'll be out there tomorrow, hoping to score a backseat from someone. By the way Rob, if you can get a crankbait to dive to 30 feet, then I want to know how you're doing it!?! Shocked

Tight Lines,
Danny

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 07/26/04 at 13:34:58
Quote Print Post  
Thats what I was saying Danny, if you can find a 30 ft deep diving crank then you could crank those rockpiles Dipsnort was referring too. I don't know of any either. It was more of a smart-@ss comment.

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 07/26/04 at 15:12:59
Quote Print Post  
Danny is a little slow, Rob. Be nice.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 07/26/04 at 19:05:56
Quote Print Post  
So what's the scoop on the night fish-in Larry?  ???

IP Logged

dgarrett
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 07/26/04 at 20:05:28
Quote Print Post  
I figured that much Rob.....I was being a smart@ss too! But miscommunications aside....thanks for sharing your boat on Saturday. I know 3's a crowd, and Chris knows how bad of a backseater I can be...right Chris? Anyway, hope we can go fishing again sometime...

Tight Lines,
Danny

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 07/26/04 at 20:14:34
Quote Print Post  
Anytime

IP Logged

Dipsnort
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 07/26/04 at 20:35:19
Quote Print Post  
I had a good time at the fish-in too, despite the sweltering heat.  Three in a boat is a little crowded, but Mike, Stu and I managed to keep hooks from impaling each other all day, so it turned out very well.

Thanks again for sharing your boat, Mike, and it was a pleasure fishing with you & Stu!  8)

IP Logged

FlyinFish77
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 07/26/04 at 23:45:20
Quote Print Post  
You call that hot? Tongue

Thanks Jim for putting up with me, and, on behald of everyone, thanks for thoroughly cooking the brats this time!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo