Normal Topic Sammamish...FISH ON!!! (Read 1675 times)
Weedwalker
Ex Member

Sammamish...FISH ON!!!
07/11/04 at 15:28:40
Quote Print Post  
For those who need to build faith in what this lake can do get out there now!!  I was out last Saturday and caught 15 -20 bass "mostly smallmouth" 2 in the 4lb bracket, 2 in the 3lb bracket and the most of the rest were between 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 lbs.  plus 6 perch and a sqawfish, no trout though..... Wink
Brian (The Weedwalker)
« Last Edit: 07/12/04 at 00:20:16 by »  

IP Logged

Hawkeye
Ex Member

Re: Sammish...FISH ON!!!
Reply #1 - 07/11/04 at 16:16:18
Quote Print Post  
Brian,
Congratulations on a very successful day of fishing. I have only fished Lake Sammamish once & with very little success. Can you give me some pointers? Like what baits work best, any special techniques, how deep were you fishing, what part of the lake is best. I have a friend coming to visit me from back east & I would love to take him to Lake Sammamish & catch some nice fish. Any help would be appreciated.

Hawkeye,

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Re: Sammish...FISH ON!!!
Reply #2 - 07/11/04 at 21:15:38
Quote Print Post  
Was this on Lk. Samish or Lk. Samamish? Please edit your post, so we'll know for sure what lake you're refering to.
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Re: Sammamish...FISH ON!!!
Reply #3 - 07/12/04 at 00:33:52
Quote Print Post  
Sorry about that spelling steve, I are a colleg gadeate... Wink Grin.      
As for what was working- I started off with topwater on flats that had a drop off nearby, then used a grub on a jighead 3/8oz in 19ft of water.  Then 'when I found them' I fished deep docks and off shore structure. (drop shot) hope that helps! Brian (The Weedwalker) Smiley P.S. Get a topo map and give it a look over. If you still have Questions E-mail me at Weedwalker1@juno.com.

IP Logged

dgarrett
Ex Member

Re: Sammamish...FISH ON!!!
Reply #4 - 07/12/04 at 05:42:17
Quote Print Post  
Weedwalker is right on the money.....fished Lake Sammy on Saturday with Sarge and had a fantastic day! Caught a dozen smallmouth and one largemouth, with 3 that were over 3 lbs... caught most of them on structure in 20 feet of water dropshotting zipper worms and Lake Fork creature baits. It was my first time on the lake, and I have to say i was impressed with the quality of fish....many thanks to Chris for putting on the smallies.

Tight Lines,
Danny

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo