Normal Topic Report from Florida (Read 3394 times)
Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Report from Florida
07/07/04 at 09:24:57
Quote Print Post  
I Just got back from Florida and I have to say Ed Shinkle is an awsome guide, He took my dad and me out to Rodman Resevoir and he immedaitly put 6 quality fish in the boat in the first hour out, one of which was a Nice 6.8lb Lg mouth. (Pictures to Follow) My dad caught his first fish ever a decient 1.8lb lg mouth and I ended up getting 4 nice keepers.
All in All we ended up with about 18 fish in 2 1/2 hours, there where even a couple of times  then it started getting to warm and the bite shut down.

We really had a great time with Ed and I know My dad will never forget the time we spent together,

A time I to will charish, Thank you ED!

The rest of my time down there we fished St. john's River and Lake Monroe with limited success. Fishing from the bank puts a whole new twist on Bass fishing, Esspecially when you throw 14ft Gators in the mix.

however if you ever want to catch a hundred or so Blue gill and other assorted sunfish grab your ultra light gear and a loaf of bread or a bucket of worms and hit the little ponds.

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Re: Report from Florida
Reply #1 - 07/07/04 at 14:37:08
Quote Print Post  
Sounds awesome, Jim  Grin Thanks for the report!

Chris

IP Logged

Dipsnort
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/07/04 at 17:39:05
Quote Print Post  
Wow, contrats on catching the big one, Jimmy Boy!  Cheesy

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/07/04 at 20:53:03
Quote Print Post  
How's Ed doing?  Better?

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/07/04 at 22:17:34
Quote Print Post  
He was doing great when I visited him in April. Grin  In fact he claimed everything concerning his health was overstated. Shocked

Smitty Wink

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/07/04 at 23:44:17
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for sharing Jim, Awesome experience.

I am hoping to get back down to Florida in September and look forward to ODing on fishing again.

BillB

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/08/04 at 03:29:47
Quote Print Post  
I have to make a clarification:
ED Caught the big one and I will put pictures out later this week,
ED is doing great and has been busy using his scroll saw. I might add that he is doing an awsome job making things

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo