Normal Topic Stick baits (Read 3121 times)
Rob M.
Ex Member

Stick baits
07/02/04 at 20:02:13
Quote Print Post  
Has anyone found a huge difference in the choices of stickbaits on the market other than sink rates? You have Senkos, Yum Dingers, Kinami, Tiki Stick, Stick-O's just to name a few.

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Re: Stick baits
Reply #1 - 07/02/04 at 21:08:49
Quote Print Post  
Rob,

The biggest difference I have found was that the yum dinger is more durable than the senko, but has less salt content so the fish don't hold onto it as long.
RB

IP Logged

dgarrett
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/17/04 at 22:49:33
Quote Print Post  
Rob,

Being a huge stickbait fanatic, I've tried most of them and have seen small but mentionable differences. Like Russ said, the Yum Dingers and the Tiki-sticks have less salt, sink a little slower, last longer, and have a wobble to them that is unmatched! They also work better as a soft jerkbait on the surface in the morning (although the 4 inch Senko slims in white are my favorite early morning smallmouth bait and are similarly flexible to the others). When you want a faster fall for fishing a little deeper water, the Senkos work great and get down deep alot better (Senko 4-5 inch regular is sweet). All this being said, when they are biting, it really doesn't matter what you throw, and I'd be willing to bet that most of the time they'll eat any of the ones you mentioned, so just fish the ones you have confidence in, or the ones that don't cost an arm and a leg.

Tight Lines,
Danny

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/18/04 at 04:01:43
Quote Print Post  
As the Kinami is actually made by Yamamoto, they're said to be the same, but I haven't tried them. I have used 5" Tiki Sticks, and they are a good bait, a little cheaper, good scent, slower fall. I tend to use them in shallower lakes, and low wind conditions.  Haven't tried the Sticko, and probably won't. I have tried other BPS baits and usually been disappointed, or they stop selling the ones I do like. 
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/19/04 at 13:45:50
Quote Print Post  
I have noticed that the Kinami baits sink a little slower than the Senkos even though they are supposedly the same. There must be a slight difference.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo