Normal Topic What's working for you? (Read 2431 times)
Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

What's working for you?
07/02/04 at 18:16:27
Quote Print Post  
So if somebody new to bass fishing walked up and asked you, "What lure or technique would work best for this time of year on Washington lakes", what would you say?

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Re: What's working for you?
Reply #1 - 07/02/04 at 18:20:18
Quote Print Post  
After some recent learning from Lyle, I'd go with a 176 Yamamoto grub, single-tail, twin-tail or Hula-Grub (they all seem to work), Texas-rigged with a 1/8 to 1/4 oz bullet weight, thrown around rocks, bank undercuts and general structure from inches deep  to about 15ft deep on most bodies of water.

Faz
OMG - it almost sounds like I'm beginning to understand what I'm doing!

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/02/04 at 19:23:35
Quote Print Post  
Geez, Glenn.  Thats a tough one, but if I HAD to make a choice of baits, it would likely be a Terminator, white & chart.  I am confident that the lingering spawners and post spawn fish getting in their summer patterns would be actively feeding.  That would likely be the FIRST thing that I would try.
Kirk

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/02/04 at 19:58:09
Quote Print Post  
Faz and Kirk summed it up. I have been throwing that same spinnerbait, sometimes white though, followed by tossing single tail grubs. My grub fish so far through the summer have come in water starting around 8 ft deep and going deeper. The spinnerbait bite will turn on and off throughout the day being good in early morning.

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/02/04 at 21:49:31
Quote Print Post  
For me

Shallow no docks, but other features, rocks, logs etc, I also throw the terminator predominately white with some kind of subtle other color blue for example.

Dock that are shallow, I like senko's Texas or wacky

If the end of the dock is deep, dropshot with something perchy in and around the pilings.  Also bitsybug with 176 twin tail.

Deep structure...Dropshot

BillB

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/03/04 at 04:07:33
Quote Print Post  
Glen has finally lost it.
   Glen do what you do best...you can catch them this weekend with out stooping down and getting your info from us lil guys!!!
    Have some faith and confidance in your self, and if you don't have the time to dig that deep, take Kerri with you, she'll put you on fish!!!
   All else fails...buzz bait in 30 feet of water. Undecided

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/06/04 at 04:29:39
Quote Print Post  
My favorite bait this time of year is a white spinnerbait with a gold and silver blade. I've had almost all my success on hot windy days though. On those hot summer motionless days I pitch a jig deep into cover. It's been working real well for me thios year. And i fcloudy through the jig at the edge of the pads. About a week ago i caught over 50 bass doing that.

IP Logged

Dipsnort
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 07/06/04 at 17:31:29
Quote Print Post  
Hopefully someone will ask "what's not working for you" so I can add to the conversation.  Grin

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #8 - 07/07/04 at 02:18:31
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the responses guys - just to clarify, I meant any lake in Washington state, not Lake Washington (only).

I want to try new things and was curious what y'all do that works for you.  Gets me out of a rut of throwing the same things and gives me a starting point, so to speak.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo