Normal Topic Sammamish with Mike W. - Thanks! (Read 1614 times)
StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Sammamish with Mike W. - Thanks!
06/28/04 at 03:59:56
Quote Print Post  
I am one of the new guys that signed up at the last meeting. Mike W. volunteered to be my Ambassador, and I'm sure glad he did.

Mike took me to Lake Sammamish this morning and made my first day of REAL bass fishing better than I could have hoped. From the ride in that fast boat, to showing me the right way rig and fish for smallies, to letting me have first crack at the fish and being such a generous host, I can't say enough good things about Mike.

I turned out to be a fairly competent caster and caught some dinks and then a smallie of about 1.5 pounds, which is the biggest bass I had ever caught to that point. I asked Mike to take my picture with it in case it was the last one I got. (This fish was about 1 lb. bigger than the biggest bass I had ever caught...).

However, a little while later I caught a smallie that weighed at 3.5 lbs. and we were able to take a more appropriate picture.

Thank you so much Mike for the great day, great advice and great conversation. I look forward to spending more time getting to know you and the other members.

Stu

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Re: Sammamish with Mike W. - Thanks!
Reply #1 - 06/28/04 at 04:17:08
Quote Print Post  
Stu,

Congrats on what sounds like an awesome day. I am not real happy with Mike right now ( Grin), but it sounds like he showed you a few cool tricks and got on the fish!

Chris

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/28/04 at 13:47:23
Quote Print Post  
Yeah Stu, Mike is the hero in the club right now. He caught a 5.7 at Banks to cause Chris to lose a bet. He owes us cold ones at Roosevelt. Mike, you're me hero.

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/29/04 at 04:57:35
Quote Print Post  
Way to go Stu and Mike,
  I just spent today out on Sam and had and awesome day.  3largemouth, biggest 3.2lbs and about 12 smallies, (lost count) Shocked Grin biggest was a 4.0 pig that just tore me up on my light spinning outfit.  The Largies came on a spinnerbait while the smallies were mostly dropshotting and the the biggest on a football head 176 grub.  All in all the best day I've had on The Big Sam.

Mark

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo