Normal Topic Bass Boats (Read 2627 times)
Adam
Ex Member

Bass Boats
06/17/04 at 21:09:17
Quote Print Post  
Hey guys, I just registered to the board.

I'm a long time bass fisherman, but have never really fished from a boat. I'm looking to buy a boat soon, but wanted to get some advice from local bass anglers.

Also, where is a good place to shop for a good used bass boat?

Any info would be great to hear.

Thanks,
Adam

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Re: Bass Boats
Reply #1 - 06/17/04 at 21:49:13
Quote Print Post  
Adam,

As a local pro staffer for Procraft I ask what size are you looking for and price range. I am currently looking to sell my 210 Super Pro in the near future. It is 20ft 9" , dual console with a 225 EFI Merc, GPS LMS-160 and X-85 on Bow,10" jack plate and all the bells and whistles. This boat tops out at over 70. It is a late 2000 model.
Russ

IP Logged

Adam
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/17/04 at 23:05:52
Quote Print Post  
I'm looking for something a bit smaller. maybe a side console, 16 foot boat.  Price is also an issue. I want to spend less than $5000. Ive been looking around, and the bass tracker panfish 16 is something that is ideal. Just want to find one that is a bit older to keep the price down.

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/18/04 at 03:42:57
Quote Print Post  
Adam, welcome aboard. I just put my Skeeter, starfire 176, 17 ft. up for sale, I have to get rid of it because of health problems. It was a great starter boat for me and might be for you. It is a single console, with a Yamaha pro-v 150 on the back that runs great. no problems! Has some electronics on it 1 year old 76 lbs. trolling motor, 3 new tires on the trailor. lots more!...oh it's fast for it's size. and it will do tournaments just fine. give me a call at 253-854-8911. thats my home # but I haven't been home now in 4 days and haven't slept in 3 nights...I really don't think I can make contact with anyone for 4 more days...I need to sell it so lets deal!

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/18/04 at 12:23:47
Quote Print Post  
Hi Adam,
  Likewise I have my old boat up for sale also.  It's a 18ft fish and ski Astro with 150 merc.  Price Negotiable.  As for a good place to look for used bass boats,  there is a boat dealer on Pacific Ave in Spannaway that has lots of used boats.  Mine is currently located there.  Also, look on the web, boattrader.com and also a website for northern california bass anglers.  They have a for sale section and are usually alot of boats in there.

Mark

IP Logged

Mike_W
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/18/04 at 21:38:39
Quote Print Post  
When I was 18 I bought my first boat new. It was a 16' jon boat with a 25 hp outboard. With the trailor and everything I think I paid $5100. I put my own pitchn deck and foot control motor on front. Worked great for me. Was not fast but I caught alot of fish out of it. Plus it was new so I did not have to worry about it breakin down or its history. ( Not trying to say that any members are trying to sell you junk) I just like to buy new when it is a option. I just sold that boat for $2000 a month ago. Not bad I thought. Look into the open jons and add stuff to it as you can.

Mike

IP Logged

ryoki
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 06/21/04 at 14:16:31
Quote Print Post  
I believe the dealer the previous post talked about on Pac Ave is Anglers Marine 14606 #f 253-548-2232. (www.abawa.com) Just acouple blocks north from Spanaway Lake. Good people there at the shop (tackle, too.)
Brian got our Tracker at an auction place off Canyon. But I do not know if they are still in business, and I would just caution anyone to pay close attention, know the fees, and keep a tight lip on how much you will spend...divulge nothing about how much you have. (Sometimes at auctions you are actually bidding against the seller.)
Good luck!

IP Logged

headhunter
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 06/22/04 at 17:22:32
Quote Print Post  
Hi Adam,

I have a 1989 Skeeter SD-80 bass boat for sale in your price range.

A few things about it:

16 foot boat with a side console
50 HP Yamaha PRO outboard.
2 live wells
Casting seats
New MinnKota AutoPilot trolling motor (48 lb, 24v)
Lowrance X51 fish finder.
Electric anchor
Onboard battery charger (3)
3 new marine batteries

The boat is in good shape for it's age.  It is my first bass boat and it is a great little boat.  I can launch it easily by myself, and the trailer has a 'Boat Buddy' for easy take out.

A move to New Orleans forces sale.   I don't have any pics to send right now, but I can get some shortly.  Let me know if you're interested.  I live in West Seattle.

Tom

IP Logged

RonKnott
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 06/25/04 at 04:07:40
Quote Print Post  
If you are interested in a demo I have a back seat open for Saturday morning.  I am planning on going to Lake Washington at about 5 and getting off around noon when it the waterskiers are out in full force.  My boat is a 16 ft deep V with a 50 HP motor.  Its not for sale but it will give you an idea of what you can get for about that much money.  Not that I would ever do it, but on calm days it doubles as a nice boat for crabbing or fishing on the sound.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo