Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Banks Lake predictions? (Read 13618 times)
pays2no
Ex Member

Banks Lake predictions?
06/16/04 at 03:30:47
Quote Print Post  
The yearly question:

What weight is it going to take to win the Banks tourney this weekend?

My prediction:  28 lbs

Why?  Because we'll have warm, stable, calm weather before and during the tournament. This should then translate into larger bags because many largemouth will be caught sight fishing.  This will also help all the people who decide to fish for smallies because they will be able to drag "Spots" longer because the wind shouldn't be much of an issue.  Just my thoughts....what's yours?

Bob

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Re: Banks Lake predictions?
Reply #1 - 06/16/04 at 03:33:03
Quote Print Post  
Bob,

You're an optimistic guy, and that's what I like about you!  Wink

I'm going to say that Terry and I will each bring in 20-22 pounds to place 1st and 2nd. HA!  Grin Big fish will be about 4 pounds. It's gonna be hard to find those bigger fish in June.

Chris

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/16/04 at 03:39:44
Quote Print Post  
Your guess is probably right on sarge, with the exception of who's in first.......... 8)

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #3 - 06/16/04 at 03:45:03
Quote Print Post  
Very difficult to bring in a bag greater than 12 lbs these days on Banks.  20-22 lbs sounds about right.

4.34 lbs big fish.

Geez, and I can remember the days when Banks produced 20-22 lbs for a one-day limit!

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/16/04 at 03:57:12
Quote Print Post  
I will bet on big fish......
a six pound Largie and a 5+ lb Smallie.......

okay....also 26.2 pound to win.

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/16/04 at 04:51:18
Quote Print Post  
18.5 lbs WILL be the winning weight, 'coz anyone who beats my 18.5lb two-day total will definitely be DQ'd !!

Seriously though, I reckon weights will be slightly under 20lbs for two days.... recent fishing pressure may have a lot of critters sulking and nursing sore lips.

Seeya there Friday!

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 06/16/04 at 15:04:22
Quote Print Post  
Wow I thought the predictions would be slightly higher. 35 lbs at Jamboree to win, but I know the spawn is probably over. I think it will be close to 30 lbs and there has to be a fish of either species at least over 5, probably largemouth. I think there will be a lot of limits caught.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #7 - 06/16/04 at 15:15:25
Quote Print Post  
Jamboree was a 3-day total, Rob.  33 lbs and change, I believe.  11 lb average per day.

Not saying a 12+ bag is impossible, Kirk proved it can be done at last years tourny.  But less than 10 lbs for a limit is par for Banks.

IP Logged

Dave_Jarrell
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 06/16/04 at 15:32:07
Quote Print Post  
I think the stable weather will produce a 24 lb bag.

Big fish will be right at 5 lbs.  Largemouth. 

biggest smallie will be around 3.5.

And hopefully the planting there doing will bring back banks lake to where it use to be before i moved to washington!

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 06/16/04 at 15:34:48
Quote Print Post  
Thats true, but I don't think 14-15 lbs is unrealistic for a post spawn pattern. The largemouth were just getting up when the Jamboree was finishing. They are probably done now, but that post spawn bite should be working. 14-15 lbs wasn't uncommon at Sammamish 3-4 weeks ago. Maybe not over 30 but close. Plus there were 104 boats at the Jamboree. We'll have no more than what...20? Maybe I'm overestimating what I heard about Banks ??? Jamboree was my first time fishing it.

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 06/16/04 at 17:53:54
Quote Print Post  
My prediction based on the jamboree and adjusting for fishing hours only. I say if there are 12 hours of total fishing time (we had 16 for the Jamboree). and if the Largemouth are still in spawn then it should be possible to pull just under 25lbs.

P.S.
This is also assuming that a pink elephant has crossed the road at high noon on the 29th of Febuary during a rain storm!

Hay it could happen right?

Seriously, just under 25lbs. 24.8 lbs to be precise
thats my S.W.A.G (Scientific Wild A** Guess)

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 06/16/04 at 19:01:28
Quote Print Post  
I'm sticking to roughly 30 lbs. You guys aim for 22-23 lbs and be beat, HAHAHAHA. Maybe that will win. I'm aiming for the sky. Those Federation guys shouldn't be soe mouthing them if they want to catch them later. They may just cruise and look. We will stick them though.

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 06/16/04 at 20:30:21
Quote Print Post  
Water levels are the key.  I'm thinking in the 24 to 25 lbs range as well.  Remember aim low and achieve it.

Embrace mediocrity!

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 06/16/04 at 20:31:18
Quote Print Post  
LOL, Doug. I am ready to embrace it.

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 06/17/04 at 04:14:22
Quote Print Post  
I PREDICT THAT IT'S GOING TO TAKE ABOUT 25LBS AND THERES GOING TO BE A 5LB OR 6LB LARGIE MIXED IN THERE. wHY IS IT THAT I KEEP HEARING THAT IT'S SO HARD TO GET A BIG BAG OUT OF BANKS WHEN IT SO FULL OF BASS. WOULDN'T YOU THINK THERE SHOULD BE A COUPLE OF LARGER FISH MIXED IN.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo