Normal Topic Washington State Federation Qualifier (Read 2351 times)
dgarrett
Ex Member

Washington State Federation Qualifier
06/29/04 at 05:27:04
Quote Print Post  
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let you fellas know that the weights that this club brought in at the Banks tourney would have done pretty well at the state qualifier last weekend. Took 21 something to win it....Lipponcott won it, big surprise! The only difference was, most of the big bags were smallies taken from the southern end. I think you guys sore-mouthed too many largies! hehe. I fished with Jess Bass on Sunday (took 3rd), and had a blast catching chunky smallies in 2 feet of water. I ended up with 17 1/2, nothing great, but I learned a lot of new spots and techniques fishing with more experienced anglers. Thanks for a great WBC tourney at Banks....it was my first, and I had a great time. BTW Smitty, I still owe you for boat gas.....and I have a bill from my chiropractor that you need to take a look at.....only joking of course  Grin. Thanks for a great backseat.....I'm sorry you lost it. No humor intended there, I'm really sorry. I'm sure those things aren't easily replaced. See everyone at the next fishin.

Tight Lines,
Danny

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Re: Washington State Federation Qualifier
Reply #1 - 06/29/04 at 13:51:49
Quote Print Post  
Hhhmmmm...Smitty is there something you ain't telling us?

Rich

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/03/04 at 04:36:36
Quote Print Post  
Speaking of backseats... Hmmm. I think Smitty saw about THREE too many backseats at the Banks Lake tournament. Big, round white ones!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Chris

IP Logged

pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/03/04 at 16:34:45
Quote Print Post  
Danny-
Where did you find the results?  I can't seem to find them anywhere online.

Bob

ps  How did you and Chris do on the Snake?

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/03/04 at 19:23:33
Quote Print Post  
Bob,

The results are up on the federation website, www.wabass.org

Look under the hot news area.

We had a great time out on the Snake River. We fished three days in a row at the Wawawai boat launch (hope I spelled that right). It is about 2 miles above the last Snake River dam (Lower Granite). No exaggeration, we probably caught around 500 smallmouth between us. Unfortunately, there were only about 15 over keeper size. The biggest being 3-2, I think. Danny?

The fun part was that I caught most of my fish on poppers. To catch bigger fish, we had to Carolina Rig in deeper water near flats.

Weather was beautiful. Mid 80's and sunny each day. Also, we saw only one other boat fishing for bass, and only a couple other recreational boats. It's a nice spot to visit!

Chris

IP Logged

dgarrett
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/03/04 at 20:03:24
Quote Print Post  
I second that Chris! Never caught so many dinks in my life. Chris caught fish on his popper all day long.....I was foolish and went through bag after bad of senkos....not smart when the lures are the same size of your fish. 3rd day, Chris and I found this 15 foot flat...fished the ledge that dropped into 25 feet and caught about 8 around 2 pounds dragging lizards. Great fun.

Tight Lines,
Danny

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo